Imaging Administrative Specialist - MRIRequisition # 20000791 Apply Now
Under general supervision, the Imaging Admin Specialist (AS) is responsible for all aspects of processing inpatient MRI orders and coordinating patient flow. The AS is expected to organize, prioritize and perform work in a timely and efficient manner, within established guidelines, practices and procedures. Using critical thinking skills, make judgment calls and involve the radiologist, nurse, technologist and AOC when necessary. The AS coordinates multiple inpatient procedures with scheduled outpatient cases. He/she schedules, modifies, reschedules, and cancels anesthesia requests and coordinates inter/intra department to assist with patient flow. Dispatches transportation staff, and coordinates nurse-assisted procedures. Monitors incoming orders and the Inpatient Work Lists throughout the day for new orders, makes calls to nursing floors regarding exam time estimates, and provides exam-specific information. This position also helps the Tech in Charge determine how to move cases and scanners to maximize efficiency.
The shift is 8:00 am - 8:30 pm on Saturdays; 8:00 am - 4:30 pm on Sundays.
- High school diploma or its equivalent required.
- Two years of college or comparable level of education and experience.
- Baccalaureate degree preferred.
- Two years experience in a fast paced and complex environment where critical thinking skills are necessary.
- Previous experience in a medical environment preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with physicians, nurses, technologists, patients and other customers and personnel of the Medical Center.
- Experience demonstrating the ability to handle multiple tasks, ability to prioritize and organize work, and complete assignments timely and accurately.
- Windows based PC experience.
- Ability to type 35 to 40 WPM.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
- Working Title: Imaging Administrative Specialist - MRI
- Department: Imag Pt Support
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Imaging
- Job Specialty: Diagnostic Imaging
- Position Type: Part-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map