- Information Technology
- Medical Network
HR Assistant, Service Center StorefrontRequisition # HRC0342834 Apply Now
Make a difference in Human Resources!
An exceptional health system needs to engage top talent to achieve its mission of providing extraordinary healthcare. That requires a world-class Human Resources function, and that’s what we’re delivering. Join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. We’re improving our technology, energizing interpersonal climate, facilitating change, and enabling talent. The healthcare industry is exciting! Cedars-Sinai Human Resources is pursuing outstanding service and support for a hardworking workforce passionate about those challenges, engaged in their work, and deft in their ability to adapt to the constantly evolving environment!
Under supervision, the HR Assistant supports the assigned HR area(s) by providing administrative Human Resource support to HR staff and/or employees. Provide support to area through research of unit processes, assisting with unit specific policies, practices and guidelines. May assist management with other administrative duties to ensure the smooth delivery of Human Resources services to clients.
• Provide Human Resource support to assigned department, employees and visitors when needed. Assist with Human Resources processes, forms, records and/or transactions.
• Provide department function support by collecting, reviewing and organizing preliminary data and/or documentation as it relates to unit-specific functions and/or investigations.
• Assist the administration of Human Resource initiatives, programs, policies and regulatory matters. Aid in the interpretation and application of Human Resources policies, procedures, laws and regulations as needed. May support other organizational compliance standards.
• Assist staff and management with reports, memos, letters and other professional internal and external correspondence.
• Leverage Human Resources programs, tools and technology to support the administration of HR policies and/or procedures.
• Provide administrative support in special projects related to departmental and/or organizational needs
HR Service Center Storefront-Specific Duties
- Provide in-person customer service to current and newly hired employees, leadership and others at the HR Service Center StoreFront location. Human Resources HR Service Center
- Process transactions for newly hired employees such as badge creation, I-9 process initiation, and collecting onboarding documents. Collaborate with parking and other offices to facilitate applicable logistics, as well as engage with the immigration team as needed. Assist with the return to work process.
Minimum of High School Diploma/GED required
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Human Resources or related field preferred
1 year of experience in an administrative support or customer service experience, preferably in Human Resources related capacity preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Technical - Ability to use software applications and operate technological devices (e.g., email, timekeeping, Microsoft Office and other applications, computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.)
Regulatory - Ability to interpret and apply knowledge of State, Federal and Agency standards to comply with regulations
Regulatory - Ability to use discretion and maintain privacy, confidentiality or anonymity
- Working Title: HR Assistant, Service Center Storefront
- Department: HR Service Center
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Human Resources
- Job Specialty: Human Resources
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map