As a Grant & Contract Officer (GCO) and member of the centralized office of Research Administration (ORA), you will be responsible for providing Principal Investigators (PI) accurate and comprehensive pre and post-award administration of research awards and clinical trials in furtherance of the strategic vision to create outstanding translational and clinical research in a dynamic environment for medical education.
- Conduct comprehensive analysis of complex proposals, draft agreements, sub-awards, subcontracts by government and non-government sponsors.
- Communicate with assigned Principal Investigators (PI's) and departments regarding any developments, according to their professional judgments, that require administrative action to ensure compliance with agency requirements.
- On an ongoing basis, monitors transaction on the account for adherence to the policies of Cedars and the granting agency.
- Guides Principal Investigators (PIs) and staff with the interpretation of funding agency and institutional regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for closeout of awards as required by Cedars and agency policies to ensures that records are maintained in the Archive File as required by the funding agency and Cedars.
- Participates in Cedars performance improvement and quality assurance processes, as needed to keep Cedars a world-class research institute and destination for world-renowned research scientists.
- Partner with others to serve as a resource to educate units regarding institutional processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Working Title: Grant & Contract Officer - Office of Research Administration
- Department: Office of Research Admin
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Contract & Grant Budgeting/Funding
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later