Align yourself with an organization with a reputation for excellence! Cedars-Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 times for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We were also awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year. Cedars-Sinai offers an outstanding benefit package and competitive compensation. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
What will you be doing in this role?
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, and the Medical Director of the Residency/Fellowship program, the coordinator is responsible for the coordination of a wide range of diverse administrative functions for one or more residency/fellowship programs in the Department of Anesthesiology.
- The coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the training program and assists the Program Directors in developing and maintaining the educational quality of the training program.
- Ensuring compliance with Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) accreditation standards, and compliance with institutional policies.
- In carrying out these duties, the coordinator liaisons with the Program Directors, trainees, faculty, the GME Office, participating sites, and other departments.
- The coordinator must have excellent skills in organization, time management, attention to detail, interpersonal relations, prioritizing tasks, and the ability to work independently.
- Oversees and coordinates application and interviews of program candidates, process application and prepare documentation following all GME requirements.
- Ensure compliance with ACGME standards and competencies, prepare for internal site review and ACGME site visit, organize resident / fellows educational curriculum, travel, meetings, didactic conference schedule, lead compliance and web based reporting for IRIS, New Innovation, Freida, and WebADS.
- Coordinates and maintains applicable program/project schedules and agendas; which may include tracking deadlines, deliverables, communication with management and/or stakeholders.
- Organizes and coordinates the development of all featured events, outreach activities, meetings and materials/collateral; in the promotion and administration of the program/project. May actively represent the program and/or the organization
- Supports the development and management of program/project budgets; maintain and track all supporting budget/financial files and documents. Interface with other departments, vendors and applicable community parties as needed.
- Responsible for creating reports for management in the evaluation of the program/project performance or day-to-day operations. May also be responsible for documenting and tracking program/project compliance.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
TAGME Certification Preferred
Working/Prior experience as residency/fellowship coordinator highly preferred
ACGME guideline knowledge highly preferred
Working Title: GME Residency Program Coordinator - $5,000 Sign-on bonus
Department: Anesthesiology Academics
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Administrative
Job Specialty: Administrative
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$29.00 - $44.95
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision (PDF) (opens in new window)
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All (opens in new window).
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars-Sinai’s AA Policy Statement (PDF) (opens in new window)