Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
What will you be doing:
The Front End Developer will work with a multidisciplinary team to implement Cedars-Sinai’s vision of a patient-centric web platform. You will build high performance, scalable, cross-browser compatible responsive web pages with HTML5, CSS3, JS and other technologies for integration with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
The position will be responsible for:
- Developing responsive web interfaces.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize front-end code for performance and scalability.
- Work with designers to create pixel-perfect representations of visual comps.
- Work with stakeholders and architects to deliver critical functionality to users.
- Perform automated and manual testing for accessibility, performance, and cross-browser compatibility.
- Support back end integrators and QA analysts with the testing and deployment of your code to production environments.
- Stay abreast on design trends, technologies, and standard methodologies.
- Deep understanding of web standards, responsive web design, and atomic/modular design principles.
- 3+ years’ experience managing application design, software development, and maintenance.
- 2+ years’ experience working in Content Management Systems (CMS). (preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience developing critical, large scale customer facing web applications / sites with high volume and high-reliability requirements. (preferred)
- Solid grasp and experience in n-tier web applications with knowledge of the different tiers including web servers, application servers, databases, and infrastructure.
- Extensive UI development proficiencies, including:
- HTML / HTML5
- CSS / CSS3 / SCSS
- Custom JS coding is ideal and knowledge of client-side libraries/frameworks such as jQuery, React, and Angular.
- Front-end build tools: Grunt/Gulp, Assemble, Bower, Yeoman, Node.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Form validation and Use of version control software, such as Git.
- Web accessibility utilizing WCAG, Section 508, and WAI-ARIA standards.
- Experience with cross-platform, cross-device, and cross-browser testing.
- Experience with UI Frameworks, the ability to develop quickly, experience with RAD/Agile methods.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Photoshop is a must.
- Security mindedness in development practices.
- Prototyping, usability and/or UI design, web services.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics or related field. (preferred)
- Working Title: Front End Developer
- Department: Web Strategy
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Software/Application Development
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later