Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai received the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also received the Advisory Board Company’s 2017 Workplace of the Year, 3 years in a row. This annual award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals! Make a real difference in people's lives.
Cedars-Sinai’s Clinical Nutrition Department has an exciting and meaningful opportunity for a Food & Nutrition Performance Specialist.
What will you be doing in this role?
You will be responsible for facilitating complex performance improvement projects, design challenges of varying scope, and supporting large and small cross-functional process improvement teams to achieve the organization's mission and goals and to ensure compliance with accreditation, licensing and regulatory requirements. Supports senior staff in the preparation, facilitation and follow-up of improvement team meetings, compiling and creating graphical displays of data, developing presentations and employing project management skills to ensure goals are achieved within the specified time frames.
- Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or a related field is required.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience as a Clinical Dietitian in an acute care hospital with knowledge of health care regulations, accreditations, and licensing requirements.
- Minimum 2 years' progressive responsibility in application process improvement, statistical process controle methodologies, and independent facilitation of process improvement teams.
- Communicates ideas and information clearly and accurately and demonstrates good listening skills.
- Ability to communicate and present to all of levels of the organization.
- Must have excellent analytical and advanced statistics skills.
- Experience with spreadsheet programs, Tableau, or other data visualization programs. Experience with EPIC, SmartSheets, Verge, Computrition preferred. Advanced skills in MS Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to organize and manage multiple complex performance improvement projects simultaneously and work collaboratively and independently.
- Certification as Registered dietitian by the Commission of Dietetic Registration, the Credentialing Agency for the American Dietetic Association.
- Six Sigma Training (preferred)
- Working Title: Food and Nutrition Performance Specialist - Clinical Nutrition
- Department: Food Svcs-Clinical Dietetic
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Clinical Operations
- Job Specialty: Nutrition
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later