- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Financial Svc Team LeaderRequisition # 29139 Apply Now
Under general supervision and following established practices, policies, guidelines, and provides Support Services Team Lead support to Patient Financial Services. This position is a lead role and is responsible for assisting in the daily operations of Support Services. The position requires assisting the Supervisor in the design, implementation and monitoring of quality control processes, staff training, tracking and compilation of staff productivity, daily and monthly trending reports. This position requires superior customer service, problem solving, critical thinking and analytic skills to research trends related to internal operations for process improvements. Provide support to line staff as a technical resource, with knowledge, skills and proficiency in multiple areas of the Revenue Cycle. Incumbents must have superior knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance and HIPAA requirements, for maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of patient information. Incumbent to perform duties which include identifying, analyzing, resolving and responding to internal and external client inquires, concerns and issue and resolution. This position maybe cross-trained in other revenue cycle functions and provide back-up coverage and support.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
• High school graduate. English speech, spelling, grammar and simple math skills equivalent to High school level required.
• Minimum 3 years of hospital billing and/or collections experience
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with directors, managers, supervisors and internal staff
• Superior knowledge
• Basic PC skills (specifically: working knowledge of Windows or comparable system, keyboard and mouse skills)
• Basic knowledge of office machines, such as ten-key calculator, facsimile, copier, etc.
• Basic knowledge of CSMC patient account management systems
• Successful completion of PRMPT I & H
• Working knowledge spreadsheets, presentation development, e-mail, browsers and online reporting
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
• Oral and written communication skills
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
• Attentive listening skills
• Ability to facilitate conversations with others and establish an understanding of the customer's issue/reason for contact
• Ability to clearly articulate a response to the customer using appropriate voice modulation
• Ability to us proper greetings, on telephone or in person
• Ability to articulate self-expression, verbal and written
• Problem solving and conflict management skills
• Team oriented
• Analytical skills
• Detailed oriented
• Organizational/Time management skills
• Multi-task ability / Ability to prioritize
• Ability to compose business correspondence, reports, spreadsheets
• Ability to perform essential job functions with high degree of independence, flexibility, and creative problem solving techniques
• Able to function effectively under stress/duress of conflicting demands on time, attention, and personalities
- Working Title: Financial Svc Team Leader
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0855003 - PFS Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Finance/Patient Financial Services
- Job Specialty: Patient Accounting
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 8:30am - 5pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: As Needed
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map