Financial AnalystRequisition # 19003745 Apply Now
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai
We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai, and it’s part of the reason we’ve been named one of the top ten hospitals in America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Now we invite you to join us. From working with a team of exceptional healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others.
What will you be doing in this role?
Working in close collaboration with all levels of management within the Smidt Heart Institute, you will prepare and provide regular and ad-hoc financial reports, perform analyses of financial reports, and make recommendations based on findings in particular related to physician billing.
You may serve as a liaison to management between the Heart Institute, PBS, and PFS as well as other service areas.
- Apply detailed knowledge of the areas of assigned responsibility, and a general knowledge of the department functions and its interrelation with the larger organization to provide needed operational support to department.
- Generate and create reports on a regular cadence and ad-hoc basis.
- Analyze and interpret data, identify trends, forecast and provide recommendation based on findings.
- Serve as liaison between department/service line finance, as well as other areas needed.
- Review billing WQ and resolve outstanding billing matters
- Reconcile services provided vs charge capture
- Monitor provider documentation completion and follow of appropriate workflow
- Education: High school diploma required (Bachelors or Masters in finance or healthcare management highly preferred).
- Experience & skills:
- Knowledge of healthcare revenue cycle.
- Strong analytical, technical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Billing experience in examining and reviewing reimbursement data for trend analysis preferred.
- Experience running reports from Epic highly preferred.
- Must be highly organized, persistent, and require minimal supervision in executing assigned tasks.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Ability to analyze large sets of data.
- Working Title: Financial Analyst
- Department: Cardiology Diagnostic
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Finance
- Job Specialty: Financial Planning
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map