Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence!
Cedars-Sinai received the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 times for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also were awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year, 3 years in a row. This recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We offer an outstanding benefit package and competitive compensation. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
What will I be doing in this role?
As a member of the Legal Affairs team, the Executive Assistant (EA) will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Senior Vice President and Vice President of Legal Affairs and coordinates the administrative activities of the Legal Affairs department.
The EA demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills in applying a detailed knowledge of the responsibilities, functions, and underlying management structure of the department and of the larger Health System. This person is responsible for maintaining calendars, screens calls, schedules meetings, schedules travel arrangements and reservations, types correspondence and reports, and performs related duties as required.
Department-Specific Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Drafts correspondence and reports; edits and formats legal documents, such as contracts using legal terminology.
- Types from rough draft or revises contracts, memoranda, bylaws, policies, and other legal documents.
- Formats legal documents, including, for example, auto numbering and proper footnote formatting; ensures accurate spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Establishes and manages the department filing system (paper and electronic) and database records; prepares periodic, recurring reports from database as requested.
- Works collaboratively with Legal Assistants and any department non-lawyer staff to identify and recommend opportunities for improvement, efficiencies, and effective use of electronic and other tools.
- Maintains competency in department systems and applications (iManage, Legal Tracker, DocuSign).
- Manages Bar and professional memberships
- High School Diploma or GED, required.
- Associates Degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Operations and Applications or related field, preferred.
- Four (4) years of progressive experience in office administration, required.
Experience/Skills we are seeking:
- Progressive responsibility in a law office or legal department as an administrative assistant, file clerk, secretary, or office manager/administrator or similar legal support role is preferred. Experience in law related areas such as risk management, compliance, or business development will be considered.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary to work with all levels within the organization to influence end results.
- Extensive knowledge in database applications and redlining programs including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Pro. Excellent data organization skills, ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple and complex assignments/projects with limited supervision.
- Advanced ability to type proficiently (60-75 wpm).
- Working Title: Executive Assistant - Legal Affairs - Full-Time
- Department: VP For Legal Services
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later