Executive Assistant - Advancement Fundraising - Full-Time (Day Shift)Requisition # 19004400 Apply Now
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
What will you be doing in this role?
As a member of the Advancement Fundraising team, the Executive Assistant (EA) will be responsible for providing administrative support to executive level and coordinates the administrative activities of the office.
The EA demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills in applying a detailed knowledge of the responsibilities, functions and underlying management structure of the department and of the larger Health System.
This person is responsible for maintaining the Vice President's calendar, screens calls, schedules meetings, takes minutes at meetings, schedules travel arrangements and reservations, types correspondence and reports, and performs related duties as required.
Department-Specific Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- 30% Assist in prospect work. Draft correspondence, including contact reports and communications to donors. Follow up on donor requests and map out next steps and execute on them as appropriate. Maintain big picture view of donor portfolio.
- 20% Brand Representative: Building/maintaining strong sustainable relationships across the organization, Advancement and Development. Ability to keep information confidential.
- 20% Scheduling and meeting coordination: Coordinate all meetings, including (not limited to), dial-in numbers, attendees and guests, ensuring required materials are provided. For group meetings, create slides and talking points as appropriate, track follow up steps and help execute on them.
- 10% Daily Prep: Daily packet, triage, anticipating needs for meetings, materials, greeting guests.
- 10% Support special projects as they emerge.
- 10% Maintaining files (mostly electronic): Scanning notes and organizing them in Evernote, creating some (typically short-term, high use) paper files related to active projects.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree highly preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- 4 years of progressive responsibility in office administration required.
- 4+ years of progressive responsibility in office administration preferred.
- Administrative Development experience highly preferred!
- Ability to type proficiently and edit material.
- Ability to convey and/or receive written/verbal information to/from various audiences in different formats.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and/or manage complex and competing priorities.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.
- Working Title: Executive Assistant - Advancement Fundraising - Full-Time (Day Shift)
- Department: Advancement Fundraising
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map