Epic ECSA/ODBA Database AdministratorRequisition # 19005163 Apply Now
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
Come join us and find out why Cedars-Sinai has been ranked as one of the top 100 best places to work in IT as ranked by 2018 Computerworld Magazine and awarded "Most Wired, Level 10" in 2019 by Chime Healthcare's Most Wired!
Always at the forefront of technologies, Cedars-Sinai is implementing EPIC as its comprehensive electronic medical record system.
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes and technologies.
What will you be doing in this role?
Work collaboratively with the DBA Team and other EIS technical staff to install, maintain, troubleshoot, monitor and optimize our Epic applications, environments and the systems they run on. This includes our Epic Cache databases, Epic ancillary Windows applications, and Data Courier migrations and administration. Troubleshoot and resolve issues and incidents related to all the above.
- Installs, upgrades, maintains and supports Epic ancillary applications (Web Blob, Interconnect, Hyperspace Web, EPS, etc.) and Cache databases on selected server platforms. Seeks assistance from more senior peers on complex issues.
- Applies Epic client pack updates to all installed ancillary applications
- Applies Epic server-side updates to all Dev, Test, Train, and Production Cache environments
- Works with other EIS teams to apply and validate Linux/Windows patches to database and application servers.
- Manages storage associated with Epic Cache databases and Windows ancillary applications. Assists systems administrators with storage allocation and planning related to the database.
- Monitors and optimizes the performance of Epic ancillary applications
- Monitors and optimizes the performance of Epic Cache database instances in a networked environment
- Implements viable database backup, recovery, and high availability strategies and mechanisms. Executes database recovery, restoration, and/or restart as required.
- Defines and implements database parameters, security, audit, and resource allocation policies and procedures. Defines, creates, and manages user accounts, profiles, privileges, roles, and required audit information.
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams (Unix, Oracle, Windows, Network, SAN etc.) related to database, application and environment support and projects.
- Responsible for daily Epic build migrations using Epic’s Data Courier utility, working closely with application and change teams. Analyze and troubleshoot migration issues.
- Keeps abreast of current and emerging database trends/technologies.
- Carries a cell phone / department-supplied laptop and responds to pages in a timely manner.
- Adheres to change control processes. Maintains version control, administration of scripts for file manipulation and programming access to multiple environments.
- Conducts cross-team training and lessons learned sessions.
- Maintains documentation of team processes and procedures, including operating manuals or training materials for internally managed databases and systems.
- Escalates and statuses lead and management on assigned tasks and priority production support issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management or team lead.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of Epic ECSA or ODBA administration experience (ECSA preferred).
- Experience with Linux and/or Windows OS.
- Epic certification in ECSA or ODBA
- Scripting experience (PERL, Powershell, etc.)
- Working knowledge of patient care databases and applications required.
Skills & experience we're looking for:
- Working Title: Epic ECSA/ODBA Database Administrator
- Department: Epic Systems and DBAs
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Database Management
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map