Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
What will you be doing:
The Epic Credentialed Trainer will contribute to the development, implementation, and success of the Epic Inpatient modules. Will train end-user and all other assigned classes to help ensure the proficient use of applications. Will also develop and maintain application training materials, including eLearning modules, as advised by the Lead Trainer.
Will participate in workflow design and system build sessions to gain and maintain the skills to assist in the continuous improvement of the training curricula development and delivery process.
- Develops detailed curriculum content that includes, but is not limited to, leader/student guides, quick reference materials, job aids, scripts, and scenarios.
- Supports all elements of applications training planning, design, development, and implementation.
- Provides training for all phases of the applications implementation lifecycle, including training super-users, other trainers, and end-users.
- Trains and coaches end-users, super-users, and training support staff during and after training sessions, and during optimization initiatives.
- Provides remedial and computer basics assistance to students who have difficulty acquiring the vital skills to achieve proficiency on the application.
- Develops and conducts training overviews and attends training change communication events.
- Contributes to the development of training plans for their designated applications and user roles.
- Works with project managers, applications managers, applications specialists, and subject matter experts to assist with the development, validation, and updating of training materials
- Participates in on-call rotation as required.
- 1-3 years of Epic Inpatient systems training and curricula development experience (Willow Inpatient or ClinDoc preferred); 3-5 years preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with the basics of training curriculum development.
- eLearning courses design and development experience. (preferred)
- Learning management system experience. (preferred)
- Requires demonstrated ability to deliver classroom training using standard methodology adult learning principles.
Educational & Certification Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Medical Informatics, Instructional Technology, Communication, Education, or related field. (preferred)
Epic Credentialed in Inpatient module. (Willow Inpatient or ClinDoc preferred)
- Working Title: Epic Credentialed Trainer - Inpatient
- Department: EIS Training Team
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: IT Training
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later