Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of people, processes and technologies.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the standard of patient care we strive for.
What will I be doing in this role:
The Data Intelligence Analyst (Epic Clarity Analyst) works with end-user requests to detail business requirements, data definitions, business rules, and data quality requirements in support of enterprise data intelligence projects. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business/clinical needs and data elements required or available. Produces data sets, reports, ad hoc requests, dashboards, etc. Conducts data analysis to support a variety of analytic solutions. Triages' intake of data requests and seeks understanding of business needs.
- Provides basic to moderately complex reports and data analysis with the help of more senior team members, vendors, and/or other EIS department contacts.
- Works with application teams to understand workflows and documentation standards.
- Gathers clear and concise requirements for basic complexity requests, interprets the findings and translates the information into a detailed business specification for report development. Documents specifications in an organized manner, demonstrate knowledge of understanding request, tools that can be applied and developed to present to the requestor.
- Works with report developers (including Enterprise Data Warehouse and other reporting teams) to ensure understanding of data models and design of output.
- Performs data scrubbing, troubleshooting and quality checking prior to delivery of results.
- Performs working level process and requirement analysis, including process mapping though current flow charts, documents, future needs/plans, requirement elicitation, stakeholder analysis, and specification gathering in support of team projects and small/medium managed projects.
- Clearly articulate basic report/data queries to end users and project stakeholders. Maintains relationship with end user leadership post-engagement.
- One year of some project management experience.
- Experience working with healthcare information management systems and/or clinical operations experience. (preferred)
- Experience in Reporting Workbench and Radar build. (preferred)
- Experience with analytic business intelligence tools such as Crystal, Business Objects, SAS, and Tableau. (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to independently analyze basic to moderately sophisticated Clarity report requests, Reporting Workbench, and Radar build requests with assistance if needed. (preferred)
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
Epic Certification in Clarity (preferred)
- Working Title: Epic Clarity Analyst
- Department: EIS Report Development
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Business Intelligence/Reporting
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later