Epic Clarity Analyst
Los Angeles, California
Here at Cedars-Sinai, our projects represent a new age in medical research and innovation, and we’re proud of the progress our team continues to make. Together, we can match the right treatment to the right patient at the right time for the best possible outcomes.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful IT professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0671114
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the standard of patient care we strive for.
What will I be doing in this role:
The Epic Clarity Analyst/ SQL Developer works with end-user requests to detail moderately to complex business requirements, data definitions, business rules, and data quality requirement in support of enterprise data intelligence projects. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business/clinical needs and data elements required or available. Produces data sets, reports, ad-hoc requests, dashboards, etc. Conducts data analysis in a variety of analytic solutions. Provides quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers. Analyze sophisticated problems and issues using data from internal and external sources. May provide consultation to users and lead cross-functional teams to address data and analytic issues.
- Triage’s intake of data requests and seeks understanding of business need.
- Collaborates with application teams to understand workflow, documentation standards and potential gaps. Makes recommendations for closing gaps.
- Gathers clear and concise requirements for basic to medium complexity requests, interprets the findings and translates the information into a detailed business specification for report development.
- Collaborates with report developers (including Enterprise Data Warehouse and other reporting teams) to ensure understanding of data models and design of output.
- Performs data scrubbing, troubleshooting and quality checking prior to delivery of results.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of report analysis and development and applies expertise to help meet customer goals and outcomes.
- Three (3)+ years’ experience working with Epic clarity reports.
- Experience writing SQL statements and accessing relational database system.
- Experience with analytic business intelligence tools such as Crystal, Business Objects, SAS, and Tableau.
- Good technical proficiency in Reporting Workbench and Radar build.
- A solid grasp of build concepts, Epic migration paths, change control process/governance and ticket management process.
- Able to independently analyze basic to moderately sophisticated Clarity report requests, Reporting Workbench, and Radar build requests with assistance if needed.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field (preferred)
Epic Certification in Clarity (preferred). *Must acquire Certificate within 120 days of start date.
- Working Title: Epic Clarity Analyst
- Department: EIS Report Development
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Business Intelligence/Reporting
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Expand your horizons by working and learning along side the best in the industry.
Awards & Recognition
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.