- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Epic Application Manager - HIM and SecurityRequisition # 20000164 Apply Now
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
Come join us and find out why Cedars-Sinai has been ranked as one of the top 100 best places to work in IT as ranked by 2018 Computerworld Magazine and awarded "Most Wired, Level 10" in 2019 by Chime Healthcare's Most Wired!
Always at the forefront of technologies, Cedars-Sinai is implementing EPIC as its comprehensive electronic medical record system.
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes and technologies.
What will you be doing in this role?
Responsible for configuration and support of CS-Link (Epic) security and HIM modules, including hospital coding, deficiency tracking, release of information (Epic HIM) and MPI management (Epic Identity), and related applications across the enterprise (physician management, computer assisted coding, etc). The manager will be a champion for all projects in his/her portfolio, lead optimization initiatives, facilitate communication with impacted stakeholders, develop resources, and manage the day-to-day activities of his/her team.
- Provides planning, analysis, leadership, and oversight of implementation, optimization, and support initiatives within the portfolio of applications.
- Manages the daily operations of assigned teams and is responsible for human resource activities, budgeting, recruiting, hiring, overall portfolio management, and staff supervision.
- Works jointly with project managers, application team managers, and other EIS groups to successfully implement cross functional projects and support departmental/organizational goals.
- Develops and maintains relationships, sets expectations, and communicates with departmental customers at the supervisor, manager, and director levels, as well as with physician, nursing, and clinical partner leadership.
- Collaborates with operational stakeholders to prioritize projects and optimization initiatives.
- Establishes team’s development and training needs, conducts performance appraisals, determines team goals, supports professional growth opportunities, and accountable for well-being of team members.
- Coaches, mentors and leads the team to continuously improve application, technical, and professional capabilities.
- Oversees team adherence to established governance and departmental change control standards.
- Assesses and monitors employee satisfaction results and assists Senior Leadership in the execution of improvement action plans.
- Establishes standards of performance and productivity; determines staffing needs in conjunction with the appropriate leadership.
- Provides guidance and counseling to subordinate staff regarding employee relations matters. Promotes positive employee relations and resolves departmental problems.
- Assists in setting departmental strategic direction and tactical project planning. Implements short, medium, and long-range goals for the assigned area based on the goals of the organization and department in collaboration with appropriate leadership.
- Provides resource requirements, risk assessments, impact analysis, and recommendations for newly requested projects within his/her technology and service line portfolio.
- Provides status reporting to senior EIS and operational leadership on project/optimization.
- Provides expert level understanding of operational workflows, synthesizes operational/project interdependencies, and applies recommendations.
- Develops and manages budgets.
- Manages vendor relations, service delivery, maintenance/support contracts, and invoicing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Business Management, Healthcare, or Computer Sciences field; or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- Epic Certification in one or more related modules required. Epic Hospital Coding and Abstracting, Deficiency Tracking, Release of Information, Identity, and Security preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years direct work experience in a management capacity, including vendor packaged systems implementations; or relevant work experience, including at least 2 years implementing and/or supporting healthcare software applications.
What else are we looking for?
- Experience with OnBase scanning preferred.
- Experience with Computer Assisted Coding software preferred.
- Ability to be part of a cross-departmental and cross-functional team, and participate in the organization and execution of projects.
- Experience in managing teams in complex enterprise-level implementation and support of vendor-supplied software.
- Experience in managing multiple work streams.
- Experience leading and motivating staff.
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems or process requirements.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Expert-level capabilities in PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
- Working Title: Epic Application Manager - HIM and Security
- Department: CS-Link Access Team
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Software/Application Development
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map