Epic Ambulatory Trainer - Hybrid Remote
Los Angeles, California
Here at Cedars-Sinai, our projects represent a new age in medical research and innovation, and we’re proud of the progress our team continues to make. Together, we can match the right treatment to the right patient at the right time for the best possible outcomes.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful IT professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC1158318
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has been ranked the #1 hospital in California and #2 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, 2022‑23. Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
What will you be doing:
The Epic Trainer will contribute to the development, implementation, and success of the Epic Ambulatory and/or Patient Access modules. Will train end-user and all other assigned classes to help ensure the proficient use of applications. Will also develop and maintain application training materials, including eLearning modules, as advised by the Lead Trainer.
- Facilitates classroom and virtual training classes for assigned modules.
- Trains and coaches end-users, super-users, and training support staff during and after training sessions, and during optimization initiatives.
- Develops detailed training materials that include, but is not limited to, leader/student guides, quick reference materials, job aids, scripts, and scenarios.
- Supports all elements of applications training planning, design, development, and implementation.
- Provides training for all phases of the applications implementation lifecycle, including training super-users, other trainers, and end-users.
- Provides remedial and computer basics assistance to students who have difficulty acquiring the vital skills to achieve proficiency on the application.
- Develops and conducts training overviews and attends training change communication events.
- Contributes to the development of training plans for their designated applications and user roles.
- Works with project managers, applications managers, applications specialists, and subject matter experts to assist with the development, validation, and updating of training materials
- Participates in on-call rotation as required.
- One (1)+ years of Epic Ambulatory Clinical, Grand Central (ADT), Prelude, or Cadence systems training and curricula development experience. (3+ years preferred)
- Requires demonstrated ability to deliver classroom and virtual training using standard methodology adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated experience with the basics of training curriculum development.
- eLearning courses design and development experience. (preferred)
- Learning management system experience. (preferred)
Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Medical Informatics, Instructional Technology, Communication, Education, or related field. (preferred)
Epic Ambulatory and/or Cadence, Grand Central (ADT), Prelude Credentialed required. For a Principal Trainer/instructional Designer position an Epic Certification is required.
Working Title: Epic Ambulatory Trainer - Hybrid Remote
Department: EIS Training Team
Business Entity: Corporate Services
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Specialty: IT Training
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$71,000.00 - $113,400.00
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Expand your horizons by working and learning along side the best in the industry.
Awards & Recognition
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.