Start your career at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals—and now we invite you to join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. From working with a team of dedicated professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have great resources to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others
Cedar-Sinai is seeking Housekeeping/Janitorial/EVS Techs (weekends/hours varied):
The Environmental Services Technician will perform a variety of cleaning tasks under general direction by maintaining the hospital facilities in a clean, sanitary, orderly, and attractive environment for patients, visitors and employees.
In order to deliver the highest cleaning standards possible you will perform the following:
- Floor care, dust mopping sweeping outside areas, scrubbing, stripping, and buffing, shampooing, spill and trash removal.
- Damp washing of counters, telephones, desks, ledges, washing light fixtures, ceiling, and walls involves use of ladders or step stools.
- Cleaning and maintaining of environmental tools and equipment.
- Cleaning of occupied patient areas and dismissals.
- Cleaning other related duties as assigned to ensure the highest quality of service throughout the facility.
- Patient care is of the highest concern.
Qualification for this position include:
- Previous Environmental Service Technician experience in a hospital or hotel setting is helpful.
- Effectively communicate in reading/writing in basic English.
- High school education/equivalent preferred
- Exhibits customer and service oriented behaviors in every single day work interactions.
- Demonstrates a courteous and encouraging attitude to internal workforce and external customers.
- Required to lift 30-80 lbs., stoop, lift, push and pull and remain on feet for extended periods of time.
- The employee must be able to work with protective equipment used in cleaning, removal and disposal of medical waste.
- Ability to work in all areas, interstitial spaces and grounds of the medical center and health system.
Working Title: Environmental Services Tech (Per Diem) - EVS
Department: EVS Central Staffing Resources
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Facilities
Job Specialty: Environmental Services
Position Type: Per Diem
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Base Pay:$18.00 - $18.49
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars-Sinai’s AA Policy Statement