Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also were awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year. This annual award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We hire team members who are committed to improving patients' lives. We provide an outstanding benefit package, along with competitive compensation. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
What will you be doing in this role?
The Cardiovascular Technician demonstrates proficiency and assists the physician with exercise treadmill testing, stress echocardiography, EKG's, late potential, holter monitor hook-up and scanning, Kings of Hearts event monitoring, hook-up and downloading blood pressure monitoring devices. Connects patients to event recorders and receives telemetry data. Demonstrates thorough working knowledge of all equipment and maintains equipment. Sets up procedure room and prepares patients for procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs EKGs correctly and with no errors. Enters all patient data accurately into EKG machines and computer system.
- Prepares procedure/ exam room and equipment for procedures. Explains test procedure to patient. Prepares patient for procedure and monitors vital signs.
- Prepares patient in hook-up of event monitors and receives telemetry data by phone.
- Independently performs late potentials.
- Hook-up holter monitor and scans holter data for physician’s interpretation.
- Hook up and perform T-wave alternans exercise procedure.
- Hook up and download blood pressure monitoring equipment.
- Cleans, tests and maintains equipment.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner, establishing appropriate priorities for STAT requests.
- High school graduate/GED required.
- Technical school graduate as Cardiovascular Technician and/or Certificate of completion from equivalent training program preferred
- Cardiovascular Technician
- Minimum one (1) year cardiovascular technician experience in a medical center
- Cardiac arrhythmia knowledge
- Working Title: EKG Technician - Per Diem
- Department: Electrocardiography
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Imaging
- Job Specialty: Diagnostic Imaging
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later