Education Program Coordinator, Medical Surgical RN 8hrs DaysRequisition # 19004296 Apply Now
Do you inspire?
A true educator aims to inspire—and at Cedars-Sinai, that’s exactly what our nurse educators do. They have a strong combination of clinical skills, management abilities and integrity, and as a result, they play an indispensable role in the success of our organization. It is also the foundation for the world-class healthcare provided at Cedars-Sinai. Our people bring an unmatched passion to their craft and it shows in everything they accomplish, including achieving Magnet® designation for an unprecedented five times. Now we invite you to join us. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others.
As a Nursing Education Program Coordinator for Medical Surgical, you will take a leadership role in the development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of education programs/projects for patients, personnel and community.
- You work on a peer level with Clinical Nurse Specialist and Associate Directors.
- You provide education that is consistent with Nursing Standards of Care/Practice, the Plan for Provision of Nursing Care, The Plan for Provision of Patient Care, CSMC Code of Conduct, the Performance Improvement Plan, the Patient Education Plan and professional organization standards.
- You are responsible for ensuring that staff maintain competency skills in areas of responsibility including the ability to interact with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and identify the ability of the adolescent, adult and geriatric patient to follow direction/instructions and give consent.
- You can identify safety concerns and institute measures to provide a safe environment; and provide appropriate assessment, intervention and evaluation to patients with consideration of development milestones in the adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
- You are responsible for providing education and assuring staff competency in provision of age related culturally competent patient care across the health care system.
- You are an active participatory member of an interdisciplinary team and available 24 hours/day when scheduled for on-call educational activities
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. MSN required.
- California State RN License required
- Basic Cardiac Life Support for healthcare providers through AHA
- National Specialty Certification with preference in M/S Specialty
- Minimum of 5 years acute RN experience, teaching experience
- Meets specialty specific clinical competencies for assigned area
- Communicate effectively in English (written and verbal communication) with persons of various cultural and educational backgrounds
- Experience in data management
- Excellent organizational skills; effectively coordinate all aspects of education course design and implementation
- Working Title: Education Program Coordinator, Medical Surgical RN 8hrs Days
- Department: Med-Teach 5Se
- Business Entity: Nursing
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nurse Education
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map