When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters.
This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research, and education.
The Emergency department is seeking for a highly motivated Emergency Department Assistant to provide administrative support to the team. We invite you to consider this exciting opportunity and apply today!
What will you be doing in this role?
The Emergency Department Assistant (EDA) acts as the department receptionist. The EDA will answer and relay physician, patient and other department telephone calls, accepts and relays communications via FAX and in person. They must maintain a clean and orderly work station as well as maintaining adequate supplies, patient records, obtains previous patient visit records and EKG's, tracks and follows up in a timely fashion with addendum to medical records and performs duties as appropriate. They must maintain competency skills including the ability to interact with patients of diverse cultural backgrounds and ages.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions as a clerical resource to physicians, nursing staff and others for computer system access.
- Greets all visitors to the unit and assumes responsibility for responding to customer requests.
- Resolves issues and concerns in a timely manner by reporting to the nurse manager or designee.
- Works in collaboration with Inventory Control and Support Supervisor to assure that unit maintains a just-in-time inventory and is adequately supplied. Orders patient specific supplies as directed.
- Responds to patient call light system and routes requests to appropriate staff.
- Reviews PCX, Emstat and notifies staff of STAT and urgent orders.
- Answers and routes telephone calls and directs information appropriately utilizing telephone etiquette.
- Performs all clerical functions necessary to process and maintain the medical record. Includes accessing Web for relevant clinical data and obtaining copies for patient chart.
- Responsible for assisting with inventory control of operational and unit specific forms, medical records forms and office supplies. Completes reports as directed.
- Functions as interdepartmental communication link for trauma, code white and critical pediatric patients and registration, assuring timely notification.
- Monitors FAX machine and dictation printer for level of operations, alerts physicians and distributes reports to appropriate chart.
Required Job Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED, required.
Additional Qualifications we are looking for:
- College Diploma, preferred.
- 2 year of experience in a medical clerical setting, preferred.
- Ability to balance multiple demands and/or manage complex and competing priorities.
- Ability to work within tight time frames and meet deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate time management and priority setting skills.
- Ability to use software applications and operate technological devices (e.g., computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.).
- Proficient working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working Title: ED Assistant - Emergency Department - Full-Time - Nights (10-hrs.)
- Department: Emergency Rm Nursing
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Night
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later