The Director of Clinical Informatics and Analytics will play a key leadership role in all aspects of clinical data and analytic strategy, infrastructure database planning as well as implementation and execution of the platform to advance data discovery at Cedars-Sinai Health. The director will assist in setting and operationalizing priorities and objectives, and tactical analytic efforts to continuously advance Cedars-Sinai as the leader in healthcare.
1. In conjunction with EIS leadership, responsible and accountable for analytics strategic direction to include design, implementation, and validation.
2. Provide clinical informatics and analytics leadership throughout the organization in collaboration with stakeholders to integrate financial, operational, and clinical data.
3. Support key Enterprise Information System led analytics committees for initiatives and project management.
4. Provide clinical informatics and analytics expertise to the design and development of programs and projects to ensure delivery of safe, effective, evidence-based care. This includes translation of existing complex workflows from a variety of patient care settings into a model that can be supported by clinical decision support, self-service analytics, and where applicable, predictive analytics.
5. In conjunction with key leaders, ensure that structures are in place to support development and monitoring of effective patient alignment across the healthcare system (linking the medical center, health delivery network, and ambulatory areas).
6. Be a visible champion and facilitator in the healthcare arena for the establishment of a longitudinal Electronic Health Record.
7. Enrich communication for stakeholders in the design, delivery, and evaluation of analytic initiatives.
8. Maintain familiarity with new clinical systems technology thereby advising Enterprise Information System and clinical staff as to which systems may be appropriate and capable of supporting strategic initiatives within the Cedars-Sinai Health System.
9. Work with regional and national partners for development of analytics to improve clinical perspectives.
10. Enhance contributions and promote leadership including professional development.
11. Promote innovation and facilitate the development of an information culture that drives continuous clinical improvement through quality and/or research initiatives.
Healthcare professional degree qualification (MD or PhD).
Epic certification preferred.
10+ years experience in clinical practice as a doctor or allied healthcare professional.
Demonstrated ability to develop and operationalize validated data analytics in healthcare.
Project leadership championing/leading with design and application implementation.
Experience with multiple informatics and/or analytics projects.
Excellent communication and people skills and skilled in process management and group dynamics.
Proven ability to engage effectively with a broad range of stakeholders within and outside the organization and in an interprofessional environment.
Proficient at extracting data using SQL from Epic EMR Clarity database.
Full command (verbal and written) of the English language.
- Working Title: Director, Clinical Informatics/Analytics
- Department: Director Data Intelligence
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Business Intelligence/Reporting
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.