Designer & Planner- Facilities & ConstructionRequisition # 19003961 Apply Now
We are a nonprofit academic healthcare organization serving the diverse Los Angeles community and beyond. With groundbreaking medical research achievements, education programs defining the future of healthcare, and wide-ranging community benefit activities, we’re setting new standards for quality and innovation in patient care.
Right now, our construction team is looking for a full time Planner/Designer to join them!
What will you be doing in this role?
The function of the Facilities Planning, Design & Construction (FPD&C) Planner/Designer is to provide planning and design services, including interiors, finishes and interior design, to all departments on a prioritized basis under the direction of the FPD&C designated Manager, and input from FPD&C Architects and Project Managers.
- Support pre-design development and the subsequent Construction-in-Progress application
- Develop space and furnishings plans and project requirements
- Oversee procurement or movement of equipment/furnishings
- Coordinate project scheduling with the overall project schedule
- Assist with development of the annual and Master Facility Plan (MFP) budgets.
- The Planner/Designer will work in close coordination with the FPD&C architects, medical planners, project managers, project coordinators, finance and administration.
- The Planner/Designer will also work closely with other CSHS Project Delivery Team members, and supervise the activities of architect/engineers, contractors, and vendors.
- Project may range from full capital construction of new space to room renovations.
- Education: Highschool diploma required, Bachelors in Interior Design preferred
- Experience: 3 years of experience in Healthcare interior design projects, space planning and furniture selection and reconfigurations.
- Skills: Ability to use Revit and AutoCAD and ability to interpret and apply knowledge of ADA and Building Codes.
- Working Title: Designer & Planner- Facilities & Construction
- Department: Construction
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Facilities
- Job Specialty: Facilities Design
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map