- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Department Assistant - Imaging - Evenings - Per DiemRequisition # HRC0355881 Apply Now
We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai, and it’s part of the reason we’ve been named one of the top ten hospitals in America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Now we invite you to join us. From working with a team of exceptional healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others.
Make a difference in Imaging
As a per diem evening (afternoon) shift Department Assistant at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, you will Safely transport patients to and from the diagnostic imaging department, ensuring patient support systems are in place at all times. Reports any changes in patient condition during the process to nurses and/or technologists.
- Safely transports patients (with and without oxygen, as appropriate) within the diagnostic imaging department.
- Provides direct patient care as directed by technologists or radiologists, in conjunction with all imaging procedures.
- Serves as liaison between technologists and nursing staffs.
- Performs all duties related to the hand off of care within the imaging department and hospital unit if needed, including recognizing and reporting abnormal, emergent or unusual signs and symptoms based on patient population and common diagnoses (change in vital signs, intake, output, patient complaints, etc.).
- Checks all documentation prior to patient transfer.
- Supplies rooms with linen, supplies, keep room clean and safe.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS
What else are we looking for?
- Six (6) months to one (1) year experience in a health-related field preferred
Physical ability to lift 50lbs., pushing wheel gear, assist patients from gurney to table, and satisfactorily perform all direct and indirect patient care functions.
- Working Title: Department Assistant - Imaging - Evenings - Per Diem
- Department: CT
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Imaging
- Job Specialty: Diagnostic Imaging
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Evening
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map