Department Assistant - Heart InstituteRequisition # 20002500 Apply Now
Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars-Sinai received the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 times for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We were also awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year, 3 years in a row. This annual award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have very high levels of employee engagement. We hire team members who are committed and who are dedicated to our community. We provide an outstanding benefit package and competitive compensation. Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospital.
What will you be doing in this role?
As a Department Assistant in the Non-Invasive Cardiology department of Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, you will perform a variety of tasks that help assist the nurses and physicians with Non Invasive procedures. This is a 10-hour position, in which you will:
- Support Nursing with patient transport: drop off and pick up of both inpatients (back to IP Room) and outpatients (home or other areas of hospital). Perform all job duties with sensitivity and attention to the adult and geriatric populations served.
- Assist with procedure room preparation with appropriate equipment and turns room over/cleans
- Orders all supplies – unpacks new orders/maintains par levels/stocks procedure rooms/nursing carts. Maintains clean supply room. Picks up supplies from Central issues and other areas as needed
- Performs High Level Disinfection (HLD) on all TEE probes used throughout the hospital
- Provides technical assistance with TEE machines and probes issues – can push images
- Manages all TEE studies in areas of the hospital CVIC/OR/5S/ICUs by completing TEE orders/matching order to images/assign studies to MDs/ sending studies to billing
- Maintain competency skills including the ability to communicate with diverse cultural backgrounds, identify safety concerns and institute measures to provide safe transportation. Adhere to Cedars-Sinai Health System Corporate Compliance Plan, Code of Conduct, departmental policies and procedures. Comply with Job Hazard Analyst protocols.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification
What else are we looking for?
- Experience in a health care/patient care environment, preferred
- Good multi-tasking and time management skills
- Appropriate interpersonal skills for interacting with peers, patients, physicians and other customers of the Medical Center.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language
- Windows based PC experience, preferred excellent computer skills
- Working Title: Department Assistant - Heart Institute
- Department: Echocardiology - Inpatient
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Clinical Operations
- Job Specialty: Clinical Operations
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map