- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Database AnalystRequisition # E10089 Apply Now
Works with users throughout the organization defining requirements for databases, dashboards, and reports. Serves as the primary liaison between users and developers and is able to translate requests into programming specifications. Works independently on data modeling and report design for simple to moderately complex projects. Works in conjunction with business analysts, application developers, documentation/testing specialists, and implementation/support staff on complex projects. Documents databases, programs, and workflows.
1. Works with users to analyze needs and formulate requirements for databases to be developed by CSMC developers and for enhancements to existing databases built by CSMC developers. Follows EIS standards and uses EIS templates in gathering and documenting database design and requirements definition.
2. Works with users to assertively gather and document requirements for new or modified data entry forms and reports. This includes interviewing users to extract form and report requirements and mapping form and report fields to specific search criteria within the database. Facilitates translation of user requests into programmable specifications.
3. Independently designs simple to moderately complex data models. Works with business analyst or Oracle developers on complex data models. Uses Oracle designer to document data models. Works with the business analyst or Oracle developers in reverse engineering and documenting existing databases.
4. Uses CSMC enterprise reporting tools to develop ad-hoc reports and as an analytic tool to understand user requests from a wide range of data sources. Independently writes and optimizes simple to moderately complex queries. Works with Oracle/reporting developers or database administrators on more complex queries.
5. Facilitates the validation and testing of new or revised forms and reports. Works with user to verify functionality and content. Develops errors or exception reports, when applicable, and receives official user sign-off on completed work. Facilitates resolution of discovered data quality issues through coordination with users, developers, and application support staff.
6. Provides ongoing support and monitoring of client-server application and reporting environments. This includes general liaison duties with users related to application functionality and availability.
7. Provides support to database application and report users across the organization. This includes answering questions, triaging requests to appropriate teams within EIS and researching reported enterprise
reporting errors. Assists other technical staff in the development and implementation of technical standards and procedures.
8. Participates in requirement definition for purchased applications. This includes producing requests for proposals, coordinating vendor evaluation activities, follow-up work, and facilitating technical reviews.
9. For each assignment, develops a project plan that includes time lines, tasks and milestones. Works within the established plans.
10. Demonstrate good problem solving and critical thinking skills as well as being a capable quick learner.
• May be required to participate in after hours on-call responsibilities
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; equivalent combination of education and work experience is acceptable.
• Typically requires 5 years experience with business analysis or data warehouse solutions.
• Demonstrated experience with ad-hoc query and reporting tools.
• Demonstrated experience in systems analysis, business process mapping, data modeling, data entry form design, report design, development of documentation, user support, and vendor interactions.
• Requires demonstrated understanding of SQL, relational database technology, client server applications, and web-based applications.
• Competency in personal computer-based office automation, project management, and communications tools.
• Skill in using various data modeling tools.
• Demonstrated understanding of healthcare applications and terminology, patient care environments, and needs and priorities of patient care personnel is preferred.
- Working Title: Database Analyst
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0848036 - Enterprise Data Warehouse
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology/Telecom
- Job Specialty: Technology Architecture
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 8am - 5pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: As Needed
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map