- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Data EngineerRequisition # 18000446 Apply Now
Responsible for application development supporting business objectives while providing expertise in all phases of the software development lifecycle: conception, design, testing, production, and maintenance. Analyses, designs and builds applications using standard application design patterns and systematic approaches to application integration. Works on new and existing applications. Performs hands-on development, mentors junior developers, and assists in architecting solutions. Serves as liaison to internal customers, research groups and various business support areas.
- Functions as the single point of contact to a cross-functional team for a variety of managed applications. Responsible for the development and delivery lifecycle during the following phases:
- Requirement Assessment: Works with inter-departmental teams to analyze and understand business requirements. Provides technical expertise during the requirements gathering phase of a project. Accurately documents new requirements, enhancements to existing functionality, and implementation deficiencies that need to be addressed.
- Development: Based on requirements, develops functionality by following internal development standards. Technical solution to include detailed design documentation, code, configuration, and other supporting technical documents.
- Testing: Performs unit, regression, connectivity and full end-to-end integration tests, when it applies; Supports quality insurance effort to gain user acceptance.
- Delivery: Works collaboratively with inter-departmental and cross-departmental resources to migrate new or enhanced functionality from test to production. Provides effective communication across the team as appropriate. Follows change control standards and processes for release to production.
- 5+ years of experience managing application design, software development, and maintenance.
- At least 5+ years related experience in a complex, multiplatform environment.
- Demonstrated experience using various programming and scripting languages.
- Demonstrated understanding of relational data modeling techniques.
- Understanding of Unified Modeling Language tools and how they are applied to OO design.
- Expertise with Unix, Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Expertise in system performance tuning.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing requirements.
- Proven troubleshooting skills; meticulous with strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities, works effectively as a team player.
- Creative and organized with a proven ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and utilitize time effectively.
- Executes all job responsibilities and assignments promptly, reliably, honestly, and ethically.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline required.
- Working Title: Data Engineer
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Information Technology
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map