Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals—and now we invite you to join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. From working with a team of dedicated professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have great resources to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others
What will you be doing in this role?
Under the direction of the Operations Supervisor and/or the Lead Craft Specialist, the Craft Specialist repairs, installs, replaces and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances, using hand tools and testing instruments to supply electrical power to lighting and equipment operations. Sets priorities and handles multiple projects or assignments and meets completion schedules within established objectives. Complete assigned service workorders, and preventive maintenance using the department workorder system. Uses various hand tools and testing instruments to accomplish assigned tasks. Reports appropriate corrections/repairs and make referrals to the appropriate Operations Supervisor, Lead Craft Specialist, Hospitality Center or specialty shops. Performs other related duties as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects and tests electrical lighting, signal, communication and power circuits, and equipment.
- Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors and other electrical equipment, using testing instruments such as ammeter, ohmmeter, voltmeter, testing lamp.
- Examines and tests such elements of systems as distribution panels, controls, circuit fixtures, and motors to locate obvious faults, such as blown fuses, short circuits, broken wires, loose connections, worn motor brushes and magnetic starters.
- Repairs electrical circuits and equipment. Replaces faulty switches, sockets, plugs, fuses, insulators and other simple elements of electrical systems, fixtures, and appliances.
- Dismantles electrical machinery with handtools and unsolders or unscrews wiring connections. Replaces such defective mechanical parts as gears, bushings, and bearings and such related electrical parts as brushes, armatures, commutators, and transformers.
- Installs new wiring and electrical machinery. Studies blueprints and diagrams to ascertain layout, location, and specifications of items to be installed. Estimates quantities of materials needed and prepares requisitions.
- Participate in weekly generator testing.
- High School Diploma/GED - Preferred
- Two (2) plus years' at an apprentice level of the craft or trade experience
- Electrical and Mechanical background.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Computer proficiency is a requirement.
- C-10 California Electrical Contractor License - Or - Certified General Electrician Certification from the State of California
Working Title: Craft Specialist, Electric Shop - Electric Maintenance - Full Time
Department: Electric Maintenance
Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
Job Category: Facilities
Job Specialty: Maintenance
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay: $36.56 - $58.50
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.