Make a difference in Human Resources!
An exceptional health system needs to engage top talent to achieve its mission of providing extraordinary healthcare. That requires a world-class Human Resources function, and that’s what we’re delivering. Join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. We’re improving our technology, energizing interpersonal climate, facilitating change, and enabling talent. The healthcare industry is exciting! Cedars-Sinai Human Resources is pursuing outstanding service and support for a hardworking workforce passionate about those challenges, engaged in their work, and deft in their ability to adapt to the constantly evolving environment!
What will I be doing in this role?
The Compensation Analyst partners with managers and human resources partners to design and administer compensation programs. The Compensation Analyst reviews position evaluation requests, gathers additional information, and determines response based on organizational guidelines. This position is also responsible for managing select compensation programs, participating in salary surveys, analyzing data, and making recommendations based on findings.
- Conduct benchmarking and data analysis to formulate recommendations that ensure competitive, cost-effective, and legally compliant compensation programs and practices.
- Consult with assigned client groups to provide guidance and interpretation of compensation policies and programs and evaluate requests for changes and updates.
- Conduct reviews of job levels, assesses, and makes determinations regarding requests for new job titles, and update job descriptions in conjunction with HR and management.
- Administer assigned compensation programs, including implementation and communication of program changes and/or updates.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and introduction of best practices.
- Conduct and participate in external salary surveys to determine compensation trends. Work with online market analysis vendor to ensure all data is updated and accurate.
- Conduct cost and other statistical analyses as needed.
- Prepare a variety of ad hoc reports and analyses at the direction of management.
- Participate in the development of the annual wage plan for the organization.
- Review the labor market and identify changes in salary structure and pay rates to maintain a competitive position.
- Maintain and audit compensation related information, such as job codes, salary plans, grades, and shift differentials in the HR system.
- Partner with Payroll and applicable areas of Human Resources on the upload of mass pay and job changes.
- Ensure pay practices remain compliant with federal, state, and local regulations.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance, or another related field preferred.
- Two years of experience in Human Resources.
- Two years of experience in Compensation preferred.
- Two years of experience in a hospital or healthcare related environment preferred.
Working Title:Compensation Analyst
Business Entity:Corporate Services
Job Category:,Human Resources,Human Resources
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later