Clinical Research Specialist I - Investigator Initiated Trials - CCTORequisition # 20001144 Apply Now
Cedars-Sinai Cancer is committed to pursuing pioneering research into disease mechanism, diagnostic innovations and new technologies and resources. Through our historic achievements, growing research enterprise, and serving one of the most diverse regions in the world, our physicians and scientists are uniquely positioned to guide the next generation of progress against the disease.
Join our team and use your expertise with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer research.
The Clinical Research Specialist I - Investigator Initiated Trials will develop processes for investigator initiated trials including: developing process workflows, manuals, standard protocol language, forms, worksheets, instructions and tools, establishing template and guidance documents. May also provide input or help develop training materials for staff and/or investigators. Assists in protocol writing for standard CRO sections of the protocol and may develop standard language as appropriate. Facilitates protocol development and start-up process through parallel work streams and various cores. Provides administrative protocol review to ensure language is consistent with regulatory obligations and helps ensure consistency throughout protocol.
In addition, the CRS I will be responsible for the following:
- Developing process workflows, manuals, standard protocol language, forms, worksheets, instructions and tools, establishing template and guidance documents
- Supports investigators with all FDA correspondence to ensure compliance with federal regulations for institutionally/PI held IND/IDEs
- Responsible for assisting PI in protocol registration for clinicaltrials.gov and clinical trials reporting program (CTRP) and results posting to applicable sites for IITs
- Maintains appropriate trackers, generates routine and ad-hoc reports and provides project management support to ensure timely protocol development and activation and portfolio management
- Serves as central point of contact and works with cross-functional team members (i.e. biostatistics, research informatics etc) to ensure sound protocol and logistic set up
- May provide regulatory support for IIT/IIS such as IRB submissions, regulatory documents, continuing reviews and ongoing binder maintenance and respond to QA findings by providing corrective/preventative action plans, training, instituting new processes or equivalent
- Projects may include, but are not limited to investigator-initiated protocol development including protocol writing, case report form development, budget development, and coordination of departmental research committees.
- May provide fiscal management (i.e. budgeting, accounting, cost projections) for assigned IIT/IISs
This position is eligible for the Employee Referral Program. See website for details: http://careers.cedars-sinai.edu/working-here/employee-referrals/
BA/BS degree, required
ACRP/SoCRA (or equivalent) certification preferred.
Three (3) years minimum experience in area of research specialty.
- Working Title: Clinical Research Specialist I - Investigator Initiated Trials - CCTO
- Department: SOCCI Clinical Research Office
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map