Clinical Research Program Manager - Cancer Clinical Trials Office
Los Angeles, California
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. By joining us in an academic role, you’ll be a part of formulating future ideas for discovery and then translating those discoveries into cures for the benefit and health of the Los Angeles community.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Clinical Research Program Manager - Cancer Clinical Trials Office at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Discovery is central to Cedars-Sinai’s mission. Our laboratories and clinics generate ideas, therapies, devices, and systems that contribute to biomedical progress around the world. Cedars-Sinai’s investigators push the frontiers of biomedicine with studies in cardiac care, cancer, digestive health, the neurosciences, women’s health, and more. Cedars-Sinai’s robust academic enterprise shapes the experts who will help redefine medicine for the next generation.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC1221973
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
Cedars-Sinai Cancer is committed to pursuing pioneering research into disease mechanism, diagnostic innovations and new technologies and resources. Through our historic achievements, growing research enterprise, and serving one of the most diverse regions in the world, our physicians and scientists are uniquely positioned to guide the next generation of progress against the disease.
Join our team and use your expertise with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer research!
The Clinical Research Program Manager is responsible for advising and managing a specified program within the clinical research operations unit, department, or division. Provides leadership, mentorship and direction for the day-to-day clinical research operations and activities, including authority to make independent decisions regarding program operations, administration, and governance. Ensures compliant, efficient, and effective conduct of the clinical trials within the portfolio. Establishes, implements, and evolves operational standards and supervises quality and progress.
- Coordinates and/or leads the assigned recognized organizational clinical research program and has authority for day-to-day program operations and administration. May be responsible for program development or expansion. Plans and implements program operations, identifies and develops governance, processes and/or guidelines, coordinates program activities and timelines, and coordinates assets to meet program objectives.
- May identify program participants and lead cross-functional teams in the administration, maintenance or expansion of the CCTO
- Collaborate with internal and external key collaborators including other departments, leaders across the organization, representatives from external agencies/organizations in the management of the program to provide mentorship, resolve issues, grow the program, and/or implement processes and/or solutions. Identifies and defines any logistics, action items, changes, or information needed to effectively manage the program.
- Identifies growth opportunities and further efficiencies that impact the program and/or departments success and aids in development of strategic plans to achieve objectives. Runs study intake process, evaluates feasibility, and providing recommendations or making decisions to support the success of the clinical research program. Maintain and further develop program growth, community outreach activities, as well as relationship building and maintenance.
- Researches and analyzes data for evaluating performance of program or program operations, including quality assurance and trends. Makes recommendations to leadership and/or implements program changes based on findings. Provides data and/or summary findings to program participants, collaborators, leadership, and/or cross-functional teams.
- Assesses communication and training needs, develops and implements any applicable communication, education, training, on-boarding and/or mentorship pertaining to the team. Advises stakeholders of any changes to the program.
- In conjunction with leadership, responsible for planning, monitoring, and leading program fiscal budgets and financials, and resolves or advances issues.
- Maintains data system integrity and ensures quality assurance measures are followed based on departmental standard operating procedures. May provide ad hoc reporting to support recommendations observed through trend analysis for future planning and improvements
- Supervises program to ensure appropriate governance and program compliance with local, state and federal laws; accreditation, professional and regulatory agency standards and licensure requirements. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- SOCRA/ACRP certification
- Onsite presence of 3 days a week is required
- 5 years of Management, Program or Project Management, or related experience. To include experience managing direct reports
- 3 years of Related experience in the area of specialization within clinical research or industry setting. Preference is experience within a cancer center setting within clinical trials.
- Bachelor's Degree -Healthcare, Management, or related field
- 1 year - Experience managing the operations of a clinical trial.
Able to perform moderate lifting. Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Able to read papers and online documents. Able to operate standard office equipment. Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
Working Title: Clinical Research Program Manager - Cancer Clinical Trials Office
Department: SOCCI Clinical Research Office
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$94,800.00 - $161,000.00
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Cedars - Sinai's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars - Sinai's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.