Clinical Research Finance Analyst I (Hybrid) - Post Award - Cancer Clinical Trials Office
Los Angeles, California
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. By joining us in an academic role, you’ll be a part of formulating future ideas for discovery and then translating those discoveries into cures for the benefit and health of the Los Angeles community.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Clinical Research Finance Analyst I (Hybrid) - Post Award - Cancer Clinical Trials Office at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Discovery is central to Cedars-Sinai’s mission. Our laboratories and clinics generate ideas, therapies, devices, and systems that contribute to biomedical progress around the world. Cedars-Sinai’s investigators push the frontiers of biomedicine with studies in cardiac care, cancer, digestive health, the neurosciences, women’s health, and more. Cedars-Sinai’s robust academic enterprise shapes the experts who will help redefine medicine for the next generation.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0568324
**Hybrid Work Opportunity (work from home 3-4 days a week)
The Cancer Clinical Trials Office at Cedars-Sinai Cancer has several operational units that perform specific functions to support investigators and their clinical trials. This includes quality assurance, regulatory affairs, financial operations, clinical coordination, education and training of clinical staff, study coordination/clinical research support and data coordination. We look to improve care for patients and provide ground breaking cancer research!
Are you looking to contribute to groundbreaking research? We look forward to having you join our team!
The Clinical Research Finance Analyst I develops clinical trial budgets for industry, National Institutes of Health (NIH), and investigator-initiated clinical research. Evaluates research protocols to assess resource needs for research procedures, clinical research staff time, investigator time, and costs from ancillary departments. Identifies cost allocation, negotiates budgets, details budgets, and responsible for keeping track of accounts and invoicing. Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board (IRB).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with investigators and ancillary departments to identify research procedures needed, budget estimates and cost details.
- Processes Ancillary Agreements with departments providing research services.
- Identifies and/or researches whether research procedures in the protocol are standard-of-care or a research-related cost in order to accurately classify expenses.
- Works with the CSMC office of Sponsored Research to develop final budgets for clinical trials and research projects.
- Negotiates trial budgets and payments with industry sponsors.
- Monitors study accounts to evaluate that cost expenses/details are appropriate and within encouraged limits, reconciles accounts receivable and payments, and identifies any deficits and/or surpluses. Negotiates with sponsors the final payment due for account closeout. May conduct review and/or audits of clinical trial budget. Serves as a resource for fiscal related questions.
- Responsible for invoicing sponsors, patient research billing, reimbursement to ancillary departments, and payment tracking. Issues and submits invoices for protocol-related items and patient-related expenses per the executed contract and internal invoices for staff time and effort allocation into study accounts. Works closely with sponsors and clinical teams to resolve queries regarding invoices and/or payments due.
- Extracts information, analyzes and interprets data to determine financial performance and/or to project a financial probability. Prepares and delivers data, reports and/or presentations to investigators, management and/or leadership.
- Enters financial information from finalized clinical trial budgets and clinical trial agreements into the Clinical Trial Management System. Reviews and finalizes clinical trials calendars to ensure agreement with Medicare coverage analysis and clinical trial budget.
- Performs Medicare coverage analysis for clinical trials and collaborates with IRB to finalize and acquire approval.
- Reviews protocol amendments for impact to sponsored research budget/contract. Processes budget/contract amendments as applicable.
- 2 years Experience with billing, accounting, finance, budgeting, financial analysis or related field, required.
- 3 years Pre and/or post grant and contract funding experience in clinical research, preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED, required.
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Finance, or other related degree, preferred.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certification In Clinical Research, preferred.
- Working Title: Clinical Research Finance Analyst I (Hybrid) - Post Award - Cancer Clinical Trials Office
- Department: SOCCI Clinical Research Office
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Contract & Grant Budgeting/Funding
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.