Clinical Research Data Specialist I - Smidt Heart Institute - Ouyang Lab
Los Angeles, California
Here at Cedars-Sinai, our projects represent a new age in medical research and innovation, and we’re proud of the progress our team continues to make. Together, we can match the right treatment to the right patient at the right time for the best possible outcomes.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful IT professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0847056
Recent advance in machine learning applied to medical imaging suggests we can get additional value and find hidden clinical correlates from conventional imaging tests. As part of our research group, we use large scale datasets and imaging data to analyze the relationship between imaging vs. genotype vs. health outcomes. Our team includes clinicians, biostatisticians and bioinformaticians focused on high impact cardiovascular clinical research. As a Clinical Research Data Specialist I, you will manage the data for assigned research studies. This will include, designing pipelines for data collection, clinical data abstraction, processing data, maintaining record systems, and producing project reports for studies. Desired skills for processing medical imaging data include proficiency with Python and applicable packages, including OpenCV, Pydicom, SciPy, and PyTorch.
Additional responsibilities include the opportunity to participate in making strategic data-related decisions by analyzing and manipulating data and building models to assist in the clinical and operational setting. Create database-to-deployment pipelines for models using the necessary programming languages (primarily R, Python, SQL). Create sustainable data science infrastructure and adhere to data analysis/machine learning best practices. Perform exploratory data analysis to gauge the need for or appropriateness of advanced analytical methods. Work with business partners to identify areas where data science can best deliver value. Test and validate code to ensure the robustness of data applications. Act as an advisor or thought partner to stakeholders by identifying issues for resolution, providing research expertise and summarizing findings. Collaborate to problem solve and make decisions to achieve desired outcomes. Establish effective working relationships with cross-functional team(s).
Essential job duties and responsibilities:
- Manages and analyzes data for research studies.
- Processes clinical data using a range of computer applications and database systems to support cleaning and management of subject or patient data.
- Designs pipelines for data collection and analysis.
- Analysis of research data using OpenCV, Scipy, and applicable analysis applications and packages.
- Maintains the accuracy, integrity and security of complex, large computerized records systems.
- Participate in publications and presentations as an author.
- Designs and performs experiments with colleagues and collaborators.
- Participates in required training and education programs regarding protecting patient data, best practices with research integrity and applicable laws.
- Understands regulations, policies, protocols and procedures to control and maintain accurate records.
- Produces project reports.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board.
- Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, Economics, Statistics, or equivalent is required
- Essential skills include proficiency using Python, R, and SQL, including OpenCV, Numpy, and Scipy.
- Experience working with large datasets, clinical registries, and open-access datasets.
- Relevant background experience includes clinical and / or statistical training or work experience.
- In conjunction with a biostatistician, may perform complex statistical analysis for publication.
- Working Title: Clinical Research Data Specialist I - Smidt Heart Institute - Ouyang Lab
- Department: Heart Institute Operations
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Business Systems & System Analysis
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Expand your horizons by working and learning along side the best in the industry.
Awards & Recognition
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.