Clinical Research Coordinator II
Los Angeles, California
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. By joining us in an academic role, you’ll be a part of formulating future ideas for discovery and then translating those discoveries into cures for the benefit and health of the Los Angeles community.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Clinical Research Coordinator II at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Discovery is central to Cedars-Sinai’s mission. Our laboratories and clinics generate ideas, therapies, devices, and systems that contribute to biomedical progress around the world. Cedars-Sinai’s investigators push the frontiers of biomedicine with studies in cardiac care, cancer, digestive health, the neurosciences, women’s health, and more. Cedars-Sinai’s robust academic enterprise shapes the experts who will help redefine medicine for the next generation.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0550246B
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
Cedars-Sinai Cancer is committed to pursuing pioneering research into disease mechanism, diagnostic innovations and new technologies and resources. Through our historic achievements, growing research enterprise, and serving one of the most diverse regions in the world, our physicians and scientists are uniquely positioned to guide the next generation of progress against the disease.
Are you looking to contribute to groundbreaking research? We look forward to having you come and join our team!
The Clinical Research Coordinator II works independently providing study coordination support for prospective epidemiologic studies and clinical trials. Responsibilities may include screening of prospective participants for protocol eligibility, presenting an overview of study motivation and procedures, participating in the informed consent process, administering questionnaires, scheduling and follow-up of research study participants, transporting biospecimens from procedure rooms to the processing laboratory.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independent study coordination including screening of prospective patients for protocol eligibility, presenting non-medical trial concepts and details to the patients.
- Scheduling of patients for research visits and procedures.
- In collaboration with the physician and other medical personnel, documents detailed on Case Report Forms (CRFs) the following; changes in patient condition, adverse events, concomitant medication use, protocol compliance, response to study drug.
- Maintains accurate source documents related to all research procedures.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data collection, documentation, entry, and reporting including timely response to sponsor queries.
- Schedules and participates in monitoring and auditing activities.
- Responsible for compiling and reporting on each study including information related to protocol activity, accrual data, workload, and other research information; present this information at research staff meetings.
- Notifies direct supervisor about concerns regarding data quality and study conduct.
- Works closely with a regulatory coordinator or directly with the Institutional Review Board (IRB) to submit Adverse Events, Serious Adverse Events, protocol deviations, and Safety Letters in accordance with local and federal guidelines.
- May involve other regulatory / IRB duties, budgeting duties, and assisting with patient research billing and reconciliation.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA and local IRB).
- Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
- May coordinate training and education of other personnel.
- May participate in centralized activities such as auditing, Standard Operating Procedure development, etc.
- May plan and coordinate strategies for growing patient enrollment, and/or improving clinical research efficiency.
- May identify quality and performance improvement opportunities and collaborate with staff in the development of action plans to improve quality.
- May identify new research opportunities and present to investigators
- Participates in required education programs.
Department and/or Unit Specific – Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Conducts literature reviews and assists in the design of investigator-initiated studies including protocol design and development.
- Works with PI to design and develop study related documents including questionnaires, CRFs, manual of operations, and tracking forms for studies.
- Establishes data collection process for studies and standardize data collection, including data flow, data management, data entry, error identification and correction.
- Work closely with Principal Investigator (PI) to organize research study implementation, enrollment, and tracking of study conduct and progress for assigned studies.
- May be trained on study related machine/equipment and procedures by either study sponsor, PI, or PI designee, if necessary for research study.
- May conduct non-invasive clinical assessments (e.g., vital signs, FibroScan) ,if applicable, according to Cedars-Sinai policies.
- Coordinates/implements patient specimen collection for research purposes.
- Trains and communicates with coordinators at other institutions for protocol implementation.
- High School Diploma/GED - required
- Bachelors degree in Science, Sociology, or related field - preferred
- ACRP/SoCRA (or equivalent) certification preferred.
- Two (2) years of clinical research related experience - required
- Two (2) years involvement in coordination of clinical research trials, required
- Working Title: Clinical Research Coordinator II
- Department: SOCCI Clinical Research Office
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.