Clinical Research Coordinator I - Biomedical Imaging Research Institute
Los Angeles, California
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. By joining us in an academic role, you’ll be a part of formulating future ideas for discovery and then translating those discoveries into cures for the benefit and health of the Los Angeles community.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Clinical Research Coordinator I - Biomedical Imaging Research Institute at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Discovery is central to Cedars-Sinai’s mission. Our laboratories and clinics generate ideas, therapies, devices, and systems that contribute to biomedical progress around the world. Cedars-Sinai’s investigators push the frontiers of biomedicine with studies in cardiac care, cancer, digestive health, the neurosciences, women’s health, and more. Cedars-Sinai’s robust academic enterprise shapes the experts who will help redefine medicine for the next generation.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC1097732
Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient happiness? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
The Cedars-Sinai Biomedical Imaging Research Institute (BIRI) is an interdisciplinary research program established in 2010 to develop and apply state-of-the-art imaging technologies to today’s most pressing translational research and clinical questions. Our mission is to improve the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diseases by developing novel medical imaging technology. To learn more, please visit Biomedical Imaging Research Institute | Cedars-Sinai
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
In the Gao Lab under supervision, the Healthy Brain and Child Development (HBCD) Research Associate will work with a team of other HBCD Research Associates and scientists to support neurocognitive research efforts and use neuroimaging methods in research studies. The Clinical Research Coordinator I works independently providing study coordination, screening of potential patients for protocol eligibility, presenting non-medical trial concepts and details, and participating in the informed consent process. Responsible for accurate and timely source documents, data collection, documentation, entry, and reporting including timely response to sponsor queries. Responsible for compiling and reporting on each study including information related to protocol activity, accrual data, workload, and other research information. Presents study information at regular research staff meetings. Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board (IRB).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedules patients for research visits and procedures.
- In collaboration with the physician and other medical personnel, documents thoroughly on Case Report Forms (CRFs) the following; changes in patient condition, adverse events, concomitant medication use, protocol compliance, response to study drug.
- Maintains accurate source documents related to all research procedures.
- Schedules and participates in monitoring and auditing activities.
- Notifies direct supervisor about concerns regarding data quality and study conduct.
- Works closely with a regulatory coordinator or directly with the Institutional Review Board (IRB) to submit Adverse Events, Serious Adverse Events, protocol deviations, and Safety Letters in accordance with local and federal guidelines.
- May perform other regulatory / Institutional Review Board duties, budgeting duties, and assisting with patient research billing and reconciliation.
- Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
- Participates in required training and education programs.
- Recruitment and retention of research subjects, and coordination of subject appointments with facilities and staff.
- Data collection with infants/children and their parent/guardian (including MRI, EEG, behavioral, and biospecimen data).
- Collecting and storing biological samples.
- Administration of diagnostic interviews acquiring confidential and sensitive information including substance use during pregnancy and medical/mental health history.
- Administration of neuro-cognitive assessments and symptom rating scales (training will be provided).
- Conducting EEG beginning in infancy (training will be provided)
- Maintaining of accurate and complete clinical research files, updating study databases, and ensuring compliance with standardized protocols.
- Performing other duties as needed including assisting with annual IRB and NIH reporting.
- Develop and maintain a detailed follow-up log for assessing participant progress.
- Maintaining communication with the HBCD consortium.
High School Diploma/GED is required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- ACRP/SoCRA (or equivalent) certification is preferred.
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician I (CPT I) upon hire.
Experience and Skills:
- One (1) year minimum of directly related experience required.
- Establishes effective working relationships with cross-functional team(s).
- Ability to use discretion and maintain privacy, confidentiality or anonymity.
- Ability to interpret and apply knowledge of State, Federal and Agency standards to comply with regulations.
- Ability to convey and/or receive written/verbal information to/from various audiences in different formats.
Working Title: Clinical Research Coordinator I - Biomedical Imaging Research Institute
Department: BMS - BioMed Imaging Res Inst
Business Entity: Academic / Research
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay: $23.39 - $39.76
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.