Clinical Research Associate I
Los Angeles, California
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. By joining us in an academic role, you’ll be a part of formulating future ideas for discovery and then translating those discoveries into cures for the benefit and health of the Los Angeles community.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Clinical Research Associate I at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Discovery is central to Cedars-Sinai’s mission. Our laboratories and clinics generate ideas, therapies, devices, and systems that contribute to biomedical progress around the world. Cedars-Sinai’s investigators push the frontiers of biomedicine with studies in cardiac care, cancer, digestive health, the neurosciences, women’s health, and more. Cedars-Sinai’s robust academic enterprise shapes the experts who will help redefine medicine for the next generation.
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0852209
The Angeles Clinic & Research Institute has established an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the next generation of clinicians. Our board-certified fellowship-trained medical oncologists, surgeons, immunotherapists, pathologists, and dermatologists work closely together to advance cancer care. We are committed to bringing innovative therapeutic options to all of our patients with cancer!
Join our team and contribute to groundbreaking research!
This position functions as support staff for the clinical research protocols. The Clinical Research Associate I will assist the research department with case report form (CRF) completion for all clinical research protocols sponsored by various pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Coordinate data for completion of case report forms (CRFs), either paper or electronic data capture and perform data entry for clinical research trials and projects.
- Reviews all clinical study records to ensure complete documentation in compliance with regulations.
- Prepares charts for monitoring visits.
- Answers sponsor queries in a timely manner.
- Acquire physician signatures on CRFs and other study documentation as needed.
- Assists the research staff in meeting all data lock and query resolution deadlines.
- Updates outside sponsors as needed on query resolution, outstanding number of CRFs to be completed, etc.
- Provide support (including administrative/clerical) to staff and external sources related to current research projects.
- Attend meetings and telephone conferences related to research activities as needed.
- Act as liaison between research department and sponsor as needed to ensure timely CRF completion.
- Maintain research charts and subject records.
- Acquire medical records, death certificates and death information for all subjects as needed.
- Interact appropriately with other members of the clinical team and office personnel, communicating in a highly professional manner at all times.
- Advise supervisor, physicians, administrator of potential or actual problems.
- Participate in planning, workshops, evaluation meetings, and seminars, educational or administrative meetings as vital or requested.
- Review and adhere to department policies and procedures to maintain proficiency in operating guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality when performing all duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate willingness to assist co-workers in completion of daily tasks or special projects to support the department’s efficiency.
- Maintain appropriate records, notification of time worked, vacations, seminars, and professional time commitments related to this position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of experience in the field of clinical research is preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or science-related field is preferred
- 1 year of experience in a medical office is preferred
- This job requires a strong understanding of Good Clinical Practice in Clinical Trials.
- Working Title: Clinical Research Associate I
- Department: Angeles Research
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.