Clinical Research Associate I - Oncology Clinical TrialsRequisition # 19004552 Apply Now
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your expertise with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in the medical field as your next career move.
The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute has established an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the next generation of clinicians. You will be part of a team committed to bringing innovative therapeutic options to all those we serve with cancer. As part of this commitment, our program has been expanded to include Experimental Therapeutics (Phase I) and Drug Development programs. With this commitment strengthened, we can continue to make advances in cancer care.
Through our oncology clinical trials program, The Institute continues our ongoing commitment to offer excellence in research and patient care. We offer multiple cancer clinical trials in a wide range of cancerous tumors.
In this full-time position, you will function as support staff for the cancer research protocols. The Clinical Research Associate I will assist the research department with case report form (CRF) completion for all clinical research protocols sponsored by various pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Coordinate data for completion of case report forms (CRFs), either paper or electronic data capture and perform data entry for clinical research trials and projects.
- Reviews all clinical study records to ensure complete documentation in compliance with regulations.
- Prepares charts for monitoring visits. Answers sponsor queries in a timely manner.
- Obtain physician signatures on CRFs and other study documentation as needed.
- Assists the research staff in meeting all data lock and query resolution deadlines.
- Updates outside sponsors as needed on query resolution, outstanding number of CRFs, etc.
- Provide support (including administrative/clerical) to staff and external sources related to current research projects.
- Attend meetings and telephone conferences related to research activities as needed.
- Act as liaison between research department and sponsor as needed to ensure timely CRF completion.
- Maintain research charts and subject records. Obtain medical records, death certificates and death information for all subjects as needed.
- Interact appropriately with other members of the clinical team and office personnel, communicating in a highly professional manner at all times.
- Advise supervisor, physicians, administrator of potential or actual problems.
- Participate in planning, workshops, evaluation meetings, and seminars, educational or administrative meetings as necessary or requested.
- Review and adhere to department policies and procedures to maintain proficiency in operating guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality when performing all duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate willingness to assist co-workers in completion of daily tasks or special projects to support the department’s efficiency.
- Maintain appropriate records, notification of time worked, vacations, seminars, and professional time commitments related to this position.
This job requires a strong understanding of good clinical practice in clinical trials. In addition, good interpersonal skills are needed to work effectively with patients, their physicians and/or families; pharmaceutical company representative and other project personnel. Excellent communications skills, written and verbal are essential, as well as the ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position also requires the following:
- High energy with a focus in meeting deadlines;
- Able to prioritize and maintain progress on multiple scientific projects;
- Supportive of finding creative solutions to complex scientific and business challenges;
- Customer focused in a way that ensures desired outcomes are achieved;
- Collegial and highly participative at all levels;
- Focused on providing cutting edge technology that solves real business challenges and ultimately produces better treatment alternatives for patients.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills with a must have quality of service attitude
- Ability to communicate clearly, thoroughly, and concisely. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients, team members, pharmacy sponsors, or regulatory agencies.
- Able to work carefully and efficiently under stressful and or high demand situations
- High School diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or science-related field preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in the field of clinical research preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a medical office is desired
- Working Title: Clinical Research Associate I - Oncology Clinical Trials
- Department: Angeles Research
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic / Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies / Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map