Clinical Program Coordinator - BMT Quality Assurance (Registered Nurse)
Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0487566
Do you have a passion for ensuring the highest quality of patient care? Would you like to take your nursing career to the next level at one of the top ten medical facilities in the United States? Your compassion and clinical competencies will be utilized to their fullest in this dynamic full-time Registered Nurse position. Please consider applying to one of the best places to work in Southern California. We would be happy to hear from you!
At Cedars-Sinai, the Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute doesn't treat all cancers the same. There are more than 20 cancer centers, programs or specialized services that specialize in treatment and leading edge research into specific forms of cancer. These centers and programs provide patient centered care and state-of-the-art diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical procedures. The Blood & Marrow Transplant program has completed more than 1,500 stem cell and bone marrow transplant procedures since it was established two decades ago and performs about 140 transplants a year.
Overall responsibilities for this CAR T-cell Quality Assurance position cover the areas of project development/coordination, quality and performance improvement activities with clinical staff and ancillary departments, regulatory/accreditation compliance oversight, integration of all clinical staff education required for compliance with the overall CAR T-cell QA program, creating compliance reports that meet FACT CAR T-cell accreditation standards and FDA REMS program requirement for each product.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- All documentation and compliance activities are reported at CAR-T workgroup, SOP, QA, and morbidity/mortality meetings. Evidence of entire clinical team participation is documented for each report, SOP, QA/QC project, etc.
- Coordinate site audits and training for each CAR-T cell product implementation for Heme malignancies, solid tumors as well as other non-CAR T-cell cellular therapies such as Tumor Infiltrating Lymphocytes.
- Collaborate with clinical research team for all clinical trials and ensures required research activities and associated compliance metrics are documented to conform with FACT requirements specific to these therapies. Maintains records in a format that is ready to summarize for each RFI required to maintain our insurance contracts.
- Collaborate with all ancillary staff to document FDA REMS safety training. Maintain education records and perform all audits required by the manufacturer. Submit Quarterly and Annual audits per each manufacturer’s requirements.
- Document and maintain safety and toxicity records for each infusion, prepare reports and conducts CAR T-cell specific clinical performance improvement meetings.
- Write and maintain all SOPs per manufacturer, FDA, and FACT requirements. Ensure all clinical members are trained on each SOP.
- BSN required
- MSN preferred
- Current, unrestricted California RN License required
- ONS Oncology Certified Nurse certification preferred
- BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- A minimum of 3 years of acute care nursing experience required
- At least 2 years of recent experience in Oncology required
- Bone marrow/stem cell transplant experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Cancer, Oncology, Bone Marrow, T-Cell, Infusion, Healthcare, Hospital, Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Clinical Program Coordinator - BMT Quality Assurance (Registered Nurse)
- Department: Bone Marrow Transplant
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Clinical Operations
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus