Clinical Partner/Certified Nursing Assistant Nursing Float Days 12hr ShiftRequisition # 20000282 Apply Now
Every Skill. Every Effort. Everything We Have
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
The Nursing Resources Office acts as a resource for appropriate allocation of Nursing services. We provide supplemental staffing to all clinical areas where nursing is practiced. Nursing Supervisors serve as the Administrator on duty 24 hours coverage on weekends and holidays. Nursing Supervisors/ Administrator on duty (AOD) are available as a resource to all staff, families and visitors. As an Administrator on Duty, the Nursing Supervisor evaluates, directs and supervises overall medical center activities during the tour of duty. The AOD manages the supplemental staff such as Career float pool, Per Diem Staff, Travelers, Agency Staff, Interpreter Services and the team of Crisis Nurses.
Are you ready to make a difference?
The Nursing Resources Department has an exciting position available for a Clinical Partner aka Certified Nursing Assistant, under the direction a licensed care giver, and after education and demonstration of competency, performs a variety of direct patient care activities or tasks specific to the unit/needs of the patient population. Job Responsibilities include:
- Assists patients with activities such as eating, walking and personal hygiene.
- Records and reports vital signs, dispenses/retrieves bedpans, and removes urinary catheters.
- Maintain competency skills including the ability to provide care to special patient population sand patients with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- You can identify the ability of the adolescent, adult and geriatric patient to follow directions/instructions.
- Identify safety concerns in the age related population and institutes additional measures to provide a safe environment; and identify developmental milestones in the age related population.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Full command of the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient to carry out the duties identified in this job description.
- Knowledge of therapeutic positioning techniques preferred.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BCLS) Approved by the American Heart Association
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certification Required
- Meets specialty specific competencies and education for the assigned area.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
- Meets criteria and protocol for Clinical Partner.
- One year of previous experience in an acute care facility, (hospital or medical center) or long-term care hospital (convalescent, skilled nurse facility or physical rehabilitation center).
- Working Title: Clinical Partner/Certified Nursing Assistant Nursing Float Days 12hr Shift
- Department: NSG Float
- Business Entity: Nursing
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 12 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map