Make a difference every single day at Cedars-Sinai!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters!
This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing perfection. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
As a Clinical Partner/Certified Nursing Assistant you will assume responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care for the specialty patient population.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Certified Nursing Assistant who:
Provides personal nursing care to the patient under the direction of a licensed registered nurse (RN). Performs tasks associated with activities of daily living including self-care needs. Performs routine assigned tasks and reports patients' status and concerns to the Registered Nurse (RN).
Department Specific Responsibilities:
- Applies orthopedic stabilization devices (splints, cast application and removal, ring cutter, Hare Traction Splint) safely and in accordance to standard procedure.
- Transports equipment and supplies. Takes equipment to the gray team to open the area, transports specimens to the lab and picks up patient CDs from Imaging.
- Processes dirty instrument trays and delivery to sterile processing.
- Stocks and replenishes supplies, equipment and linen as needed.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- A minimum of one (1) year of previous experience as a CNA in an acute care facility, (hospital or medical center strongly preferred) or long-term-care hospital (convalescent, skilled nurse facility or physical rehabilitation center) required.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BCLS) Approved by the American Heart Association or The American Red Cross.
- Valid California Certified Nursing Assistant Certification Required.
- Valid California Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certification in lieu of CNA - (Emergency Department Only).
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Full command of the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient to carry out the duties identified in this job description.
- Demonstrate a dedication to customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
- Knowledge of therapeutic positioning techniques preferred.
- Working Title: Clinical Partner/Certified Nursing Assistant - Emergency - Full Time - 12hr Days
- Department: Emergency Rm Nursing
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 12 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later