Clinical Laboratory Scientist II - Comprehensive Transplant Ctr. / Transplantation & Immunology LabRequisition # 20001225 Apply Now
As a professional member of the CSMC Transplantation & Immunology Lab, you will work with very minimal supervision from the supervising CLS and/or TIL Director. As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist II (CLSII), you will analyze and summarize routine, technical, and highly complex clinical lab tests which require cognitive, manipulative and problem-solving skills.
You will ensure correct sample identification during all phases of testing and keeps accurate records of specimens and test results. Prepares and performs QC testing of reagents, standards, and controls according to prescribed procedure. Operates, maintains, performs, and keeps accurate documentation of Quality Assurance & Preventive Maintenance testing of various lab equipment and instrumentation. Additionally, you will occasionally do ordering, receiving, stocking, and maintaining of Supply Inventory Log of TIL. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a biological science, chemistry, medical technology or any related science.
- State of California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) license
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an accredited clinical lab.
- Highly motivated individual, with a keen sense of responsibility and care with respect to details.
- Willingness to take directions.
- Must have full color vision.
- Must have good interpersonal skills for interacting with peers, patients, physicians, and other customers of the medical center.
- Must possess good grammar skills, including written and oral, adequate to comprehend and prepare technical material and communicate with medical professionals.
- Effective skills and knowledge to evaluate and resolve routine problems and to execute special projects assigned.
- Working Title: Clinical Laboratory Scientist II - Comprehensive Transplant Ctr. / Transplantation & Immunology Lab
- Department: Diag Lab Immuno
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Pathology / Lab
- Job Specialty: Laboratory
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map