Clinical Lab Scientist - Part Time - Outpatient Oncology ClinicRequisition # 19004025 Apply Now
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your clinical competencies with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in the medical field as your next career move.
The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute has established an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the next generation of clinicians. You will be part of a team committed to bringing innovative therapeutic options to all those we serve with cancer. As part of this commitment, our program has been expanded to include Experimental Therapeutics (Phase I) and Drug Development programs. With this commitment strengthened, we can continue to make advances in cancer care.
We are seeking a part-time Clinical Lab Scientist who is available 3 days per week, 6:30am - 3:30pm.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Perform accurate analysis of laboratory specimens, demonstrating a high degree of proficiency and understanding in laboratory procedures and competency to facilitate quality patient care and diagnosis
- Participate in solution of technical problems requiring a great degree of independent judgement
- Ensure compliance with State of California and Federal licensing/accrediting standards (CLIA), such as safety, CPR, infection control, quality management, environmental, confidentiality and patient care
- Perform specimen analysis
- Complete daily department CQA and preventative maintenance
- Prepare reagents and coordinate department supplies as needed
- Maintain records of reports and department statistics
- Assist lab manager for correlation studies and linearity for all lab instruments
- Bachelor's degree required
- Current Clinical Laboratory Scientist License in the state of California required
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
- A minimum of 1 year of clinical training as a licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientist required
- 5 years of generalist experience preferred
- Position requires a general knowledge in all laboratory areas including but not limited hematology, urinalysis, coagulation, EIA, immunochemistry and general chemistry
- Excellent phlebotomy skills required.
Keywords: Clinical Lab Scientist, CLS, Laboratory, Specimen, Phlebotomy, Oncology, Cancer, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Clinical Lab Scientist - Part Time - Outpatient Oncology Clinic
- Department: Angeles Clinic - Wilshire
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Pathology / Lab
- Job Specialty: Laboratory
- Position Type: Part-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map