The Clinical Laboratory Scientist III (CLS III) functions with general directions from senior technical personnel. Responsibilities include performing routine and technically complex laboratory tests and analyses requiring well developed cognitive, manipulative and problem-solving skills. The CLS III's activities include operating and maintaining test equipment, monitoring and evaluating the quality of testing, and verifying and reporting test results. Additional duties include general support functions necessary for the routine operation of the laboratory, including coordinating all daily functions for the laboratory inclusive of but not limited to scheduling of analyzer repair and calibration dates, accessioning, processing, analyzing and reporting of specimen results to ensure quality patient care. Performs all job duties with sensitivity to the patient population(s) being served.
- Performs accurate analysis of laboratory specimens, demonstrating a high degree of proficiency and understanding in laboratory procedures and demonstrates competency to facilitate quality patient care and diagnosis.
- Communicates and works with field technicians during test validation to supply necessary support.
- Trains new personnel in all testing areas of the laboratory.
- Participate in solution of technical problems requiring a great degree of independent judgement.
- Ensures compliance with the State of California and Federal licensing/accrediting standards (CLIA), including but not limited to safety, CPR, infection control, quality management, environmental, confidentiality and patient care.
- Coordination of calibration verification performance and documentation every six months. Assist with completion of calibration verification for all instruments and tests.
- Weekly evaluation of quality control with careful attention to shifts and trends.
- Coordination of proficiency testing performance and timely reporting to the testing agency.
- Completing daily department QC, QA and preventative maintenance.
- Preparing reagents and coordinating department supplies as needed.
- Advise manager/physicians/administrator of potential or actual problems. Respond to actual/potential risk to patient/employee by taking action to correct, minimize or prevent risk.
- Review and adhere to department policies and procedures to maintain proficiency in operating guidelines. Maintain appropriate records of clinical activities, reports and department statistics.
- Seek guidance and direction, as necessary, for the successful completion of job duties; ask appropriate questions when in doubt.
- Maintain appropriate records/notified of time worked, vacations, seminar, overtime and professional time commitments related to this position.
- Assist with new test validation, including precision, correlation, linearity, and normal range verification.
Bachelor's Degree in biological science, chemistry, medical technology, or related science required.
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist, State of California CDPH LFS required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association and/or the American Red Cross
- Histo Certificate (ASCP) ASCP Board of Registry certification as a Medical Technologist, or certification in appropriate specialty, preferred.
- 3 years clinical experience as a licensed CLS and demonstrated competency in job duties listed above required.
- 5 years clinical experience as a licensed CLS and demonstrated competency in job duties listed above preferred.
- Working Title: Clinical Lab Scientist III - The Angeles Clinic
- Department: Angeles Clinic - Wilshire
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Pathology/Lab
- Job Specialty: Laboratory
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later