Clinical Exercise Physiologist - Cardiac Rehabilitation - Per DiemRequisition # 20002444 Apply Now
Align yourself with an organization with a reputation for excellence! Cedars-Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 times for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We were also awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year, 3 years in a row. We hire people who are passionate about helping others and committed to being a blessing to our community. Cedars-Sinai offers an outstanding benefit package and competitive compensation. Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals
What you will be doing:
As a per diem Clinical Exercise Physiologist in our Cardiac Rehabilitation Center at the Cedars-Sinai Smidt Heart Institute offers a structured outpatient exercise training and education program designed to help patients with chronic lung disease to improve their functional capacity and quality of life. We are looking to supplement our staff with an Exercise Physiologist, who would assist the RN Rehabilitation Coordinator with the following:
Patient monitoring and training:
- Implements an appropriate exercise training program for Program participants
- Assesses patient before, during, and after exercise
- Exercise patient while monitoring EKG, oxygen saturations, Blood Pressure and Short of Breath and fatigue ratings
- Recognizes when premature termination is warranted and takes appropriate actions
- Revises/implements patient training sessions – tailors instructions to individual patient learning needs as indicated
- Maintains timely, accurate, complete documentation of exercise training sessions
- Evaluates the patients’ progress toward specific goals
- Documents interventions made on the patients’ behalf (i.e., physical training efforts/interventions)
New program development and enhancements:
- Contribute to the realization of future program initiatives
- Most immediate focus, in conjunction with other Pulmonary Rehabilitation Center staff, is to develop a maintenance program for pulmonary patients
- Contribute to departmental quality improvement and research projects
What We are Looking for:
The position requires experience and facility in brief therapy interventions, counseling, crisis intervention, problem-solving and conflict resolution, patient and family management, transdisciplinary collaboration, bio-psychosocial assessments, navigation, education, advocacy, and community resource linkage.
A valid Masters Degree in the field of Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, or a related field required.
BCLS Certification required
ACLS Certification be obtained within the first year of employment
What Skills/Experience are needed?
Previous experience in arrhythmia detection and identification.
Full command (verbal and written) of the English language.
The physical ability and perceptive acuity to satisfactorily perform all direct and indirect patient care functions.
Demonstrates a commitment to customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
Meets specialty specific clinical competencies for assigned area.
Previous experience in Pulmonary Rehabilitation/Adult Fitness programs.
Prior experience in designing exercise prescriptions.
Computer literacy (i.e., Familiar with basic computer functions related to input and retrieval of data).
- Working Title: Clinical Exercise Physiologist - Cardiac Rehabilitation - Per Diem
- Department: Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Imaging
- Job Specialty: Diagnostic Imaging
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map