Clinical Engineer II - Hybrid
Los Angeles, California
Here at Cedars-Sinai, our projects represent a new age in medical research and innovation, and we’re proud of the progress our team continues to make. Together, we can match the right treatment to the right patient at the right time for the best possible outcomes.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful IT professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 22000410
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of an information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has been ranked the #1 hospital in California and #2 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, 2022‑23. Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
What you will be doing:
The Clinical Engineer II provides engineering services to medical and research areas including selection, acquisition and service of medical devices, project management, technical investigations of clinical incidents, clinical/technical problem solving, system design, and solution of novel system and technical problems. May lead teams comprised of engineers and technicians. Educates medical and technical staff on medical technologies, lead quality improvement activities, and suggest innovative solutions to technical problems.
- Responsible for moderate to highly complex equipment management by working with a multidisciplinary team of internal and external customers and stakeholders to identify needs, coordinates purchases, manages installations, organizes inservice trainings, plans for the handoff to day-to-day operations, and documents projects.
- Works in conjunction with the Device Integration Team and/or clinical departments to design, implement, and analyze new medical equipment evaluations and trials and device integration projects. Implements strategies for management of technology in assigned clinical areas in or around clinical/non-clinical devices.
- Responsible for reporting clinical incidents involving medical devices and disseminating information to all vital parties. Communicates to manufacturers about problems with medical devices and ensures appropriate response. Responds to and addresses recalls/remediations, contract management, and department policy and procedure tasks.
- Ensures all program components support Joint Commission and other state and local codes that relate to electrical and mechanical safety. Performs rounds on clinical (patient care) units to verify accurate equipment use and operation. Maintains knowledge of and advises hospital personnel of codes and regulations regarding clinical devices and support facilities.
- Diagnoses and solves technical and/or system problems of minimal to moderate complexity. Monitors compliance with equipment preventive maintenance schedules and resolves compliance issues.
- Three (3)+ years’ experience providing clinical engineering services using established engineering methods and standards in evaluating, investigating, and problem solving.
- Three (3)+ years’ experience in clinical engineering in a hospital. (preferred)
- Good interpersonal skills: ability to successfully communicate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds, and levels within and external to the organization. Solid skills in technical writing.
- Ability to lead small to medium size projects.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Healthcare, or related field. Master’s Degree in Engineering. (preferred)
Certified Clinical Engineer (CCE). (preferred)
Working Title: Clinical Engineer II - Hybrid
Department: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Business Entity: Organization
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Specialty: Biomedical Technology
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Base Pay: $78,100.00 - $124,800.00
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Expand your horizons by working and learning along side the best in the industry.
Awards & Recognition
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.