- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Clin Exercise Physiologist- Per DiemRequisition # 30129 Apply Now
Clinical Exercise Physiologist
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
Cardiac Rehabilitation Center at the Smidt Heart Institute offers a structured outpatient exercise training and education program designed to help patients with chronic lung disease to improve their functional capacity and quality of life. We are looking to supplement our staff with an Exercise Physiologist, who would assist the RN Rehabilitation Coordinator with the following:
PATIENT MONITORING AND TRAINING:
• Implements an appropriate exercise training program for Program participants
• Assesses patient before, during, and after exercise
• Exercise patient while monitoring EKG, oxygen saturations, Blood Pressure and Short of Breath and fatigue ratings
• Recognizes when premature termination is warranted and takes appropriate actions
• Revises/implements patient training sessions – tailors instructions to individual patient learning needs as indicated
• Maintains timely, accurate, complete documentation of exercise training sessions
• Evaluates the patients’ progress toward specific goals
• Documents interventions made on the patients’ behalf (i.e., physical training efforts/interventions)
NEW PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT AND ENHANCEMENTS:
• Contribute to the realization of future program initiatives
• Most immediate focus, in conjunction with other Pulmonary Rehabilitation Center staff, would be to develop a maintenance program for pulmonary patients
• Contribute to departmental quality improvement and research projects
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
• A valid Master’s Degree Diploma in the field of Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, or a related field.
• BCLS Certified.
• ACLS Certified (To be obtained within the first year of employment).
• Previous experience in arrhythmia detection and identification.
• Full command (verbal and written) of the English language.
• The physical ability and perceptive acuity to satisfactorily perform all direct and indirect patient care functions.
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
• Meets specialty specific clinical competencies for assigned area.
• Previous experience in Pulmonary Rehabilitation/Adult Fitness programs.
• Prior experience in designing exercise prescriptions.
• Computer literacy (i.e., Familiar with basic computer functions related to input and retrieval of data).
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
Able to perform moderate lifting. Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Able to read papers and online documents. Able to operate standard office equipment. Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions
- Working Title: Clin Exercise Physiologist- Per Diem
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0759301 - CARDIAC REHAB
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Allied Health/Clinical
- Job Specialty: Other Allied Health
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 8am - 4:30pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: None
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map