Cedars-Sinai is calling all New Graduate Registered Nurses!
There's no better time to start your nursing career than now!
Cedars-Sinai has a tradition of perfection in nursing, and we are going to share this with the next generation of nurses. Joining our program for new nurses will expose you to a range of clinical experiences on medical and surgical units. Our comprehensive specialty curriculum includes online and classroom-based learning, clinical simulation, skills development, and unit orientation with specialty trained preceptors. The program is crafted to support our resident’s professional development through their first year of practice.
**The New Grad RN Residency Cohort is scheduled to start on Monday, February 6, 2023**
What you will do in this position:
Work with a preceptor and assume growing responsibility during the residency. Demonstrate proficiencies in populations served at the completion of residency. Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes. Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights and beliefs of those we serve. Foster a learning environment for patients/families, nursing and other members of the healthcare team including students. Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety. Identify and correct problems. Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates, and disseminates research and evidence-based practice. Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
A complete application will include:
- An online application with your resume and personal statement.
- The resume should include your clinical experience (clinical rotations).
- The personal statement should include why you selected nursing as a profession, what being a nurse means to you and what you will bring to the profession of nursing at Cedars-Sinai. This is your opportunity to help us get to know you beyond what is on your resume. The personal statement should not exceed two pages.
- A copy of your official/unofficial academic transcripts.
- A copy of your nursing degree or diploma.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A description of any volunteer service you’ve performed (can be included on the resume or attached as a separate document)
- Copies of your California Registered Nurse license and certifications.
**Please be advised - We can only consider applications that have all the above included. If your application is incomplete, we will not consider it.**
**We will stop accepting applications after we have reached approximately 200 completed applications that meet the minimum qualifications for the position. *
Requirements to qualify for the New Grad RN Residency Program:
- Education: Graduate from a state accredited nursing program (CCNE or ACS WASC) within the last 12 months*; BS in nursing (BSN) with a 3.0 nursing GPA or above by the application date.
- Licensure: Valid California State Registered Nurse license by the application date. Must have an active CA RN license by ***November 21, 2022***
- Certification: Current and active Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification for healthcare providers from the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
- Experience: You have less than nine months paid registered nurse experience by the application date. Highly preferred, completed clinicals in an ICU Unit.
Working Title:Cedars-Sinai ICU New Grad RN Residency Program - Winter 2023 Cohort
Shift Length:12 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later