Cath Lab Technician - 10 hourRequisition # 19003726 Apply Now
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you want to make a difference in people's lives?
We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai, and it’s part of the reason we’ve been named one of the top ten hospitals in America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Now we invite you to join us. From working with a team of exceptional healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others.
Do you work well in a large team environment patients where critical thinking is essential?
- As a Cardiac Cath Lab Technician at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, you will help assist in all procedures performed in the Cardiovascular Intervention Center and is a member of the Cath Lab and Electrophysiology.
- You will assist in performing the procedures at a technical level.
- You will provide a safe patient care environment, maintains and operates the physiological monitoring/recording system for both interventional cardiac and electrophysiology studies, assists physicians by functioning as scrub tech, monitor role or assistant circulator, archives all digital images and documents all actions taken by the Cath Lab.
- Be able to setup and operate all equipment within the department that may be required for a given procedure including but not limited to: Electro-Physiology studies, Ablation, Pacemakers and ICD implants.
- You will observe all health and safety standards as required. The Cardiovascular Tech is accountable to the CVIC SLM and Lead Technologist. Able to set up sterile field and procedure tables.
- You will assist with prepping and transporting of patient on and off procedure table, Assists in the maintenance of room stock. Inspects instruments while making procedure tables.
Graduate of an accredited training program eligible to sit for Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist Certification or RCIS exam.
American Heart Association BLS required
ACLS/PALS, RCIS or RCES preferred
Minimum 2-3 years acute health care experience or equivalent.
Special Procedures/Cardiac Cath Lab experience or graduate of a Cardiovascular training programs in which clinical rotations in Cardiac Cath were required
The physical ability and perceptive acuity to satisfactorily perform all direct and indirect patient care functions within scope. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, transport patients and equipment, gurneys, pull and transfer patient from bed to procedure table. Able to stand for prolonged periods of time wearing lead apron weighing 15 - 20 lbs., bending, stooping, twisting and turning
- Working Title: Cath Lab Technician - 10 hour
- Department: Cardiac Cath. Lab
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Clinical Operations
- Job Specialty: Clinical Operations
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map