Are you ready to bring your skills to a world-class healthcare organization recognized as one of the top ten in the United States? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient happiness? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California!
Cedars-Sinai is a nonprofit, independent healthcare organization committed to improving the health status of the communities we serve through:
- Leadership and excellence in delivering quality healthcare services
- Expanding the horizons of medical knowledge through biomedical research
- Educating and training physicians and other healthcare professionals
Quality patient care is our priority. Providing excellent clinical and service quality, offering compassionate care, and supporting research and medical education are essential to our mission. We have been ranked the #1 hospital in California and #2 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, 2022-23.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Plans and manages all contract related activities and processes associated with the procurement of goods and services for assigned categories.
- Provides overall management and implementation of sourcing management strategies.
- Responsible for product portfolio management including developing and growing vendor relationships and expanding product selection and vendor base.
- The role will partner with multiple team members to develop and implement category sourcing initiatives that deliver savings across assigned categories within Cedars-Sinai.
- Manages the procurement process and supply assurance, pulling purchase plans, benchmarking reports, summaries, options, scenario building, and service level agreements.
- Bachelor's Degree Supply Chain Management, Operations, Business, Accounting, Contract Administration, Procurement or a related field required
- Master's Degree preferred
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager Certification (CPCM) preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with progressive responsibility in purchasing, project management, contract and vendor negotiations in a multi hospital setting or a large hospital required
- At least 5 years of direct experience in on or more category, such as medical surgical, facilities and support services, and or professional services required
Keywords: Supply Chain, Contracts, Engineer, Industrial, Chemical, Hospital, Healthcare, Medical, Los Angeles, CA, California
Working Title: Category Manager - Supply Chain (Hybrid Remote)
Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
Job Category: Supply Chain/Procurement
Job Specialty: Supply Chain
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$92,700.00 - $148,100.00
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.