- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Case Management Assistant - Part-time, WeekendsRequisition # HRC0382091 Apply Now
Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai received the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also received the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year. This award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement.
Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
As a Part-time Case Management Assistant you will:
- Accurately arrange services for assigned patient population including Home Health, Durable Medical Equipment, ambulance, housing, skilled nursing facility and others to assure appropriate continuing care services are in place for patient transitions.
- Implement processes efficiently and effectively assist with the coordination of movement through the continuum of care to ensure timely discharge. This role assists the Emergency Department with repatriations.
- Prepare and fax referral packets for transfers to Skilled Nursing Facility, Home Health Care Agencies, Home Infusion, Long-term acute facilities, Hospices, and Durable Medical Equipment companies.
- Contact insurance companies/medical groups to acquire authorization for post-acute provider services.
- Interpret and communicate payor requirements to Case manager, Social Worker, patient, physician.
- Arrange medical transportation were required including receiving insurance or medical group authorization.
- Utilize discharge planning knowledge and skills to coordinate and implement the discharge plan developed by the RN Case Manager and/or Clinical Social Worker.
- Communicate and document accurate clinical and financial information in both verbal and written forms to assist Case Manager and or Social Worker in appropriate assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the patients Continuing care needs.
- Under the direction of the Registered Nurse or Social Worker assist with the delivery of the Important Message from Medicare.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate Degree or College Diploma in Business or a Health-related field preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year's working knowledge of medical terminology required. May be required to complete a medical terminology course within 12 months of hire.
- Minimum of 1 year's Acute Care experience preferred.
- Recent Case Management experience sought.
- Working Title: Case Management Assistant - Part-time, Weekends
- Department: Case Management Expense
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Corporate Services, Family & Function
- Job Specialty: Patient Services
- Position Type: Part-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map