Los Angeles, California
Here at Cedars-Sinai, our projects represent a new age in medical research and innovation, and we’re proud of the progress our team continues to make. Together, we can match the right treatment to the right patient at the right time for the best possible outcomes.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful IT professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0654409
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the standard of patient care we strive for.
What will you be doing in this role:
The BMET I performs preventive maintenance and calibration of medical equipment. Troubleshoots basic electronic circuits under close supervision. Evaluates and resolves operational problems involving medical equipment at the request of clinical staff and department management. Completes and records all required maintenance documentation. Serves in on-call rotation as required by department manager.
- Adjusts, calibrates, lubricates, performs operational verification, tests electronic safety, and other tasks to ensure efficient performance of sophisticated instrument systems.
- Performs periodic maintenance to ensure biomedical instrumentation systems are functioning accurately, providing accurate information to clinicians, and is safe for use.
- Understands the technology’s use model as part of the clinical workflow.
- Communicates clearly with users in patient care areas during rounds or while investigating reported malfunctions.
- Properly and accurately documents in the hospital’s CMMS to capture all activities related to the repairs and preventive maintenance of the medical devices being worked on.
- 0-1+ years' experience preferred as biomedical electronics technician and familiarity with a limited but growing range of patient care and/or laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge of wired and wireless networks related to the medical devices.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and use basic biomedical test equipment.
- Demonstrates a basic level of electronics knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the operation and service routines for basic clinical electronic equipment.
Associate Degree in Electronic/Biomedical Electronics or related field.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Biomedical Engineering. (preferred)
- Working Title: BMET I
- Department: Clinical Technology Services
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Biomedical Technology
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Expand your horizons by working and learning along side the best in the industry.
Awards & Recognition
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.